SEA-FLL/MCO

Old Aug 16, 19, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
SEA-FLL/MCO

So, what is likelihood of jetBlue adding SEA-FLL/MCO flights? I've always thought this would be an easy route for jetBlue to start and make money on with Seattle growing so much. It would also give Seattle some cool new connections to the Caribbean. I'd prefer the jetBlue seating down there over Alaska any day. I fly to JAX a fair amount from SEA and with delays have missed the stupid connection at JFK, which leaves you stranded for 8hrs. Would be cool if there were more options and with FLL/MCO such bustling jetBlue stations, would love to see the competition.
Old Aug 17, 19, 9:53 am

I don't see why B6 would be better than AS, unless is was a mint route and you are willing to pay, but if you don't want AS, AA flies to MIA and DL flies to MCO too.
Old Aug 17, 19, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Aliquot View Post
I don't see why B6 would be better than AS, unless is was a mint route and you are willing to pay, but if you don't want AS, AA flies to MIA and DL flies to MCO too.
I actually think B6 would compete well, at least to FLL where they have tons of connections. I think the A321 w/Mint would be an ideal aircraft. I know you can get there on the big three and AS also serves FLL, but you'd think with B6 being so big at FLL that adding a little more west coast to the airport would add some competitive advantages for B6.
Old Aug 18, 19, 12:53 am

It would have to be the A321 (or A320NEO), since the A320 cannot make the trip westbound non-stop for most of the year.
Old Aug 19, 19, 8:03 pm

I wonder if JetBlue is fairly limited in its growth in Seattle because of the gate situation.
They seem to be stuck with only one gate. If one of the flights run late, they have to use the remote gate, which requires a wait for a bus in a very crowded room.
Maybe when the next phase of expansion is completed, they can get one more gate and schedule new flights. Mint from SEA to FLL will be a nice route.

Carfield
Old Aug 20, 19, 6:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
It would have to be the A321 (or A320NEO), since the A320 cannot make the trip westbound non-stop for most of the year.
The A320 range is greater than the A321, at least in an all-core config. The Mint config gets longer legs thanks to lower total weight.
Originally Posted by JBLU421NYC View Post
I actually think B6 would compete well, at least to FLL where they have tons of connections. I think the A321 w/Mint would be an ideal aircraft. I know you can get there on the big three and AS also serves FLL, but you'd think with B6 being so big at FLL that adding a little more west coast to the airport would add some competitive advantages for B6.
JetBlue remains heavily weighted towards O/D traffic rather than connections. Going against AS with its growing frequencies in those longer (i.e. more expensive to operate) markets and without a premium yield demand would be financially challenging relative to other potential routes/aircraft use cases.
Old Aug 21, 19, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
The A320 range is greater than the A321, at least in an all-core config. The Mint config gets longer legs thanks to lower total weight.
Right, the A321 core couldn't make it either. Clearly it would be mint for that stage length, though. But I don't think it would happen, for the reasons you mention.

Search this Thread