Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

met 50k spend on Jetblue Plus - how long for mosiac?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Tomorrow our statement closes and we'll meet our 50K spend to earn Mosiac status. How long do we then have to wait for the benefits to kick in? I need to cancel two - one way return flights for 11/3. I already purchased return flights for 10/30, so I now have flights home for both 10/30 and 11/3. We had to shorten the trip because our son decided to get married. lol

I also want to make our flights down for the earlier flight. The earlier flight down on 10/26 costs more then I originally paid for the afternoon flight. Will I have to pay the difference in cash or can they take more points from us since the flights were purchased with points?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by emmabelle
Tomorrow our statement closes and we'll meet our 50K spend to earn Mosiac status. How long do we then have to wait for the benefits to kick in? I need to cancel two - one way return flights for 11/3. I already purchased return flights for 10/30, so I now have flights home for both 10/30 and 11/3. We had to shorten the trip because our son decided to get married. lol

I also want to make our flights down for the earlier flight. The earlier flight down on 10/26 costs more then I originally paid for the afternoon flight. Will I have to pay the difference in cash or can they take more points from us since the flights were purchased with points?
1- not sure if you can refund a tkt taht was purchased when not a Mosaic

2- when you change flights what they do is cx the flight you booked and the pts go back into your acct and then take out the pts for the new flight. If you you boked with pts no problem except teh taxes paid can only go into your Travel Bank if you used the pts for the so called Basic tkt. No affect on you since you are rebooking but if you were simply cancelling and not rebooking then teh taxes on a Basic tkt will only be refunded to your CC if you CX the tkt < 24 hrs from when tkted

If it was me Id call up and find out what the policy is for CXing a tkt that was purchased when not a Mosaic to wanting to CX it after becoming a Mosaic
emmabelle likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

update-

I called Jetblue and of course the girl said she couldn't update us to Mosaic so I asked to speak to a supervisor. When the supervisor came on she said we can call Barclays as a conference call and have them verify that you've reached the 50K spend. Barclays confirmed we had. Jetblue said ok, I can change what you need changed and I will put a note on the account that you have reached Mosaic. Got everything changed, very happy camper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.