Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue piloting Mosaic delay compensation

Old Jul 28, 19, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec

I just received this email regarding a flight I'm taking tomorrow:

Thanks for your continued business and loyalty to JetBlue.

It's peak travel season, and we wanted to give you a heads-up about a new benefit we're piloting for Mosaic customers and other travelers booked on your itinerary.

In the unlikely event that your JetBlue-operated flight tomorrow encounters a posted delay of two hours or more, you may opt to receive a same-day meal voucher* and an Even Moreģ Space seat.** All you need to do is identify yourself to a JetBlue crewmember at the airport to receive this benefit.

Please note, this trial offer is only available for your flight tomorrow, and can only be fulfilled by a JetBlue crewmember at the airport.
Kind of an interesting idea, though it seems like it would be a logistical nightmare for them. And the fine print says they won't refund purchased EMS seats.
Old Jul 29, 19, 12:34 am

I requested a food voucher on a delayed flight last week and I received a $10 coupon to use at the terminal at a participating restaurant. One caveat is that it cannot be used towards the purchase of any alcohol. Presumably not all restaurant will accept the coupon, but I donít know if there is a published list of where to use it. There are no announcements so you need to go and request it, at which time the agent will verify your status. The coupon expires the day after it gets issued and it is only good at the airport where the delay occurs, so you canít save it to use it for another trip.

My flight was just slightly delayed so I only had 15 minutes to order a quick burger to take on the plane and had to rush.

hope this helps others that are looking to use this benefit.

Last edited by Love2FlyBiz; Jul 29, 19 at 12:39 am
Old Jul 29, 19, 6:51 am

Yesterday at LGA they just they made a PA announcement that is heard at all 6 gates just to go to Dunkin Donuts and show their BP.
I didn't catch how late the flight was and there were three active gates.
Does Mosaic still get a meal voucher for the OTG bar and yuck "turbo pizza" , .
Old Jul 29, 19, 8:26 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
The free Dunks coffee with boarding pass is part of the LaGuardia shuttle deal though, are you sure that announcement wasn't for that?
Old Jul 29, 19, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium / LTG, HHonors Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Love2FlyBiz View Post
I requested a food voucher on a delayed flight last week and I received a $10 coupon to use at the terminal at a participating restaurant. One caveat is that it cannot be used towards the purchase of any alcohol. Presumably not all restaurant will accept the coupon, but I donít know if there is a published list of where to use it. There are no announcements so you need to go and request it, at which time the agent will verify your status. The coupon expires the day after it gets issued and it is only good at the airport where the delay occurs, so you canít save it to use it for another trip.
Sadly I did get a chance to test this today. Voucher in BOS was $16. Otherwise, it was as Love2FlyBiz noted -- not good for alcohol and with an expiry of tomorrow.
Old Jul 30, 19, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by diburning View Post
The free Dunks coffee with boarding pass is part of the LaGuardia shuttle deal though, are you sure that announcement wasn't for that?
Could be, missed the first part of the announcement.

Search this Thread