Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Speculation: With WN out at EWR, will B6 increase service?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards

With Southwest ending service to Newark and their gates most likely available in A1, is there any chance that jetBlue will expand service out of EWR?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:36 pm

I don't see B6 covering Chicago, STL, BNA, etc that Southwest is deleting from EWR.

It could probably increase BOS-EWR with three more round trips. For example, on Nov. 12, a 7am flight leaves BOS then a 10:28am flight is the next one. It could add a flight in between those two as it's a big gap.

On that day out of EWR, B6 has 7x daily on EWR-MCO, 5x on EWR-FLL, 2x daily on EWR-TPA. I didn't realize B6 had high frequency on EWR-MCO. AUS seems to be a larger B6 spoke than the typical B6 spoke. Maybe an increase on TPA-EWR and AUS-EWR (1x daily) could be added and it could be complementary with AUS-JFK. That would be great for passengers who will be losing the WN nonstop and it will provide United some competition.

What other routes could it offer?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I doubt that JetBlue will add more flights out of EWR. They used to have more BOS-EWR flights, and cut most of them due to poor loads.
hi55us and Traveler_boy_25 like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:47 am

And they have three to PBI and two to RSW if we are talking Florida but I don't see an increase there.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I think EWR-JAX 2X daily would be nice to see, could fill the space in JAX now void from B6 dropping DCA-JAX. I think EWR-AUS would be a nice addition as well. Wish AUS served as a better go between for East/West ops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.