FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   SFO gates now in T1 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1980435-sfo-gates-now-t1.html)

redct Jul 27, 2019 11:03 pm

SFO gates now in T1

As of a few days ago, JetBlue now has ownership over two gates in the newly renovated T1 and splits a third (B6 for redeyes, Southwest during the day). There's some detail about it in this article. It appears that Frontier has started using the former JetBlue gates in INTL-A.

The new terminal looks nice, but I admit I'll miss having some of the food and lounge options.

blueman2 Jul 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Damn! I will miss being able to use the great Priority Pass lounge in INTL-A (Air France as I recall). Now, no lounge access for my B6 flights. Not happy with this move.

moulder3 Jul 29, 2019 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by blueman2 (Post 31357266)
Damn! I will miss being able to use the great Priority Pass lounge in INTL-A (Air France as I recall). Now, no lounge access for my B6 flights. Not happy with this move.

Losing lounge access really sucks. Not to mention that the TSA-Pre security line in the international terminal never had a wait and I've heard horror stories about the other terminals (including T1).

jmr50 Jul 29, 2019 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by moulder3 (Post 31357386)
Losing lounge access really sucks. Not to mention that the TSA-Pre security line in the international terminal never had a wait and I've heard horror stories about the other terminals (including T1).

I used it yesterday and there's a whole new security checkpoint just for the Terminal 1 B gates (i.e. not shared with Delta). All JetBlue flights are now fiying there--not just red-eyes--and they're using gates B6, B7 and sometimes B8/9 as far as I can tell, a much shorter walk. TSA lines were very short AND there was CLEAR. My only gripe is no lounge but there's several coming (plus connectivity to Int'l A in a while).

redct Jul 30, 2019 1:24 am

Yes, should have noted that the lack of amenities is temporary. T1(B) is going to be a lot better than INTL in the long run—just need to wait a year or two for all the new construction to shake out...

sfozrhfco Jul 30, 2019 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by moulder3 (Post 31357386)

You won't be missing much in the short term as the Air France lounge will be closing for renovations later in the year and will be off line for several months most likely. The new area now only has WN and B6 so the security line will not be a problem. By March 2020 once the other gates open and AA moves over there, new lounges should be up and running. It will be another couple years before the international connector to A will be ready which will enable easy access to the AF PP lounge.