Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Appears B6 is trialing free meal vouchers / EMS seats for 2hr+ delays (Mosaic only)

Appears B6 is trialing free meal vouchers / EMS seats for 2hr+ delays (Mosaic only)

Old Jul 13, 19, 11:16 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Ambassador

Received this email for a trip SEA-JFK tomorrow and didn't see it posted elsewhere so thought I would share.

To sum, if your flight is delayed 2 or more hours, you (and others on your itinerary) can receive a meal voucher and a free EMS seat... Doesn't seem like there is a restriction on flights delayed for weather, which is nice. This no-strings-attached trial benefit is unexpected and a nice touch.

Unfortunately I am already booked in Mint so that negates the potential benefit of the complimentary EMS seat. So in my case, ideally we are just on-time and that's that

EDIT: guess this is discussed (albeit slightly off-topic from the original thread) here: Mosaic no more free even more space seats

Hello XXX,

Thanks for your continued business and loyalty to JetBlue.

It's peak travel season, and we wanted to give you a heads-up about a new benefit we're piloting for Mosaic customers and other travelers booked on your itinerary.

In the unlikely event that your JetBlue-operated flight tomorrow encounters a posted delay of two hours or more, you may opt to receive a same-day meal voucher* and an Even More® Space seat.** All you need to do is identify yourself to a JetBlue crewmember at the airport to receive this benefit.

Please note, this trial offer is only available for your flight tomorrow, and can only be fulfilled by a JetBlue crewmember at the airport.We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Yours Blue-ly,

Don Uselmann
Vice President, Loyalty
JetBlue

*Meal vouchers are subject to local airport concession availability.
**Even More® Space offer applies if not already seated in Even More® Space, and space permitting. Previously purchased Even More® Space seats will not be refunded.

Last edited by bj27; Jul 13, 19 at 11:21 pm
Old Jul 16, 19, 9:26 am

Only benefit for Mint customers would be the meal voucher to use at the departing airport during the 2+ hour delay.
Old Jul 16, 19, 2:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I wish they would keep up with Delta and offer meals in Y on transcons.

I have an upcoming trip from BOS-SEA and it steered me to Delta instead of Jet Blue since it gives my family of 4 one less thing to worry about in the airport and helps break up the 6 hour flight.
Traveler_boy_25 likes this.
Old Jul 17, 19, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
Aren't the galleys (space flex?) too small to do a full meal service for the entire plane?
Old Jul 17, 19, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by Brighton Line View Post
Aren't the galleys (space flex?) too small to do a full meal service for the entire plane?
I mean what Delta does is hardly a "full meal service", they just have a cart filled with Sandwiches and the typical BoB stuff that they just hand out for free.
Old Jul 17, 19, 1:44 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post

I have an upcoming trip from BOS-SEA and it steered me to Delta instead of Jet Blue since it gives my family of 4 one less thing to worry about in the airport and helps break up the 6 hour flight.
I don't know what the pricing is like (I just know Mint tends to be cheaper than Delta One transcon), but I could see a world (playing devil's advocate) where JetBlue pricing people say "we'll just price cheaper than Delta and people can spend the $20 on a better meal."
Old Jul 19, 19, 11:28 am

Can confirm this is the case. Had a couple recent flights delayed out of BOS for more than 2 hours, one for weather and one for mechanical. One time the voucher was for $16 and the the other time the voucher was for $10, I think the difference in amount was secondary to time of day - lunch vs dinnertime. Neither gate agents seemed to know anything about this pilot program, although once showing them the email they were happy to provide.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: