FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Changes to JetBlue's route network (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1975874-changes-jetblues-route-network.html)

bkojote Jun 27, 2019 10:42 am

Changes to JetBlue's route network

• As of 10/27/19, our nonstop service from New York (JFK) and Boston (BOS) to the Houston area will relocate from Houston Hobby (HOU) to Houston Intercontinental (IAH).
  • Starting 11/1/19, we will offer nonstop service between New York (JFK) and San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO).
  • As of 1/11/20, we will no longer offer service between La Romana, DR (LRM) and New York (JFK). Our Dominican Republic service will continue with daily nonstops from JFK to Punta Cana (PUJ), Puerto Plata (POP), Santo Domingo (ADQ) and Santiago (STI).
  • Our seasonal service to Anchorage, AK (ANC) from Seattle and Portland will end on 9/15/19. There are no plans to resume that service in 2020.
  • In addition, as of 10/27/19, we will no longer offer nonstop service on the following routes:
    • New York (JFK) and Charlotte, NC (CLT)
    • Washington, DC (DCA) and Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
    • Washington, DC (DCA) and Charleston, SC (CHS)

I'm bummed about the Anchorage cutback, but the Charlotte/JFK cancellation really stings.

RWPrincess Jun 27, 2019 10:49 am

I guess we are going to have multiple threads on this topic now.

The main thing I get out of this is that they don't seem interested in the DC market given the closing of IAD earlier this year and now this. Unless they're planning to use those slots for new routes to DCA, that's my impression here. I feel for the JetBlue fans in DC.

Houston seems a bit random but certainly might be a good move if they are targeting non-Southwest business travelers.

None of these are the announcements I was hoping for but I've long given up on B6 listening to their own loyal customers.

MSYtoJFKagain Jun 27, 2019 11:31 am

I like the IAH switch for my own personal needs. I'm usually staying in Kingwood when I'm in town and that's a quick hop.

Not surprised that they're giving up on CLT given AA's stranglehold *SNIP*

RWPrincess Jun 27, 2019 2:23 pm

What SJO cancellation? I thought the note said it was a new route.

MSYtoJFKagain Jun 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Oh, I totally misread that. Apologies.

joeyE Jun 27, 2019 7:29 pm

I counted 12 frequencies on CLT-JFK. 6 on larger AA jets, 4 on DL regionals & 2 on JetBlue.
Plus similar competition into EWR & LGA.
i suppose fares weren’t high enough & B6 feels they can make nicer margins elsewhere. Bummer.

tphuang Jun 28, 2019 8:16 am

B6 is making money on CLT-JFK, but it's below average in margins for JFK. They are moving all these previous JFK slots out of short range E90 markets into the longer range higher capacity Caribbean markets.

They are also adding JFK-PTP seasonally. I think more Caribbean, Latin America routes are still to come. Once they get enough A321NEOs, more of them will be switched to that. That's their way of growing at JFK.

The DCA cuts are probably the biggest change imo. They are giving up on the DC area focus city idea and just using the slots to serve the markets they are strong in.

ellinj Jun 28, 2019 4:19 pm

Boo: DCA-CHS was the main reason I requalified for Mosaic this year. Wish I knew this before I booked some extra business to Jetblue this fall.

Chugach Jun 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Really disappointed about ANC. I know a lot of people on either end who enjoyed having B6 as an option. I’m a AS 75K and I always made a point to get on B6 at least once a year on PDX-ANC just to support the service.

diburning Jun 30, 2019 2:51 am

Yikes, that means I should redeem my voucher sooner than later since I actually do want to go to Anchorage on JetBlue.

Intheair2night Jun 30, 2019 11:55 am

Meh, was interested in the JFK-SJO nonstop, but reportedly it's going to be 7pm Dep from JFK and the return an 11:30PM red-eye leaving SJO. That's.... less interesting.

ellinj Jul 2, 2019 3:36 pm

noticed that my Dec DCA-CHS flight was rebooked DCA-FLL-CHS. No notification yet, I will be calling in for a refund and booking AA. I am surprised they didn't just let the schedule run out on existing flights. For this route, I am guessing b6 lost a government contract.