Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 189 headphones jack

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:04 am
Original Poster

B6 189 headphones jack

guys - what is the best way to find out what type of headset jack exists in coach on B6 189 to san diego (Airbus A321)

thx
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
All JetBlue planes have a single, 3.5mm connection for the headphone jack (same as all mobile devices, before some phones started eliminating them)
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by moulder3
... 3.5mm connection for the headphone jack (same as all mobile devices, before some phones started eliminating them)
Note that many phones used 2.5mm jacks.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gengar
Note that many phones used 2.5mm jacks.
That has not been the default for many years now, especially as the 4-conductor model (needed to also have a mic on the wire) isn't an option in 2.5mm.

Also, very irrelevant to the initial query.
diburning likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by sbm12
It was literally part of the answer to the OP question and it was factually incorrect. The actual risk to the OP may be minuscule, but it's a disservice to leave open the possibility of confusion.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
That has not been the default for many years now, especially as the 4-conductor model (needed to also have a mic on the wire) isn't an option in 2.5mm.

There has long been 2.5mm TRRS, otherwise none of the mobile phones would have used it. It is actually still used today for balanced outs in high-end mobile media playback devices.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gengar
The actual risk to the OP may be minuscule
Originally Posted by strife
It is actually still used today for balanced outs in high-end mobile media playback devices.
Show me a consumer "mobile device" (the words used in the initial reply) sold in the past 5ish years that uses a 2.5mm TRRS and that might create a legit risk to the OP.

Making the conversation more complex to offset a risk so small as to be irrelevant doesn't really help anyone. The OP is going to be fine on their flight. We all know that. The rest of this discussion is stupid.

I got the 2.5mm TRRS bit incorrect; they did exist but not on smart phones in recent generations. That doesn't change the result OP's initial query.
diburning likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:17 pm

Show me a consumer "mobile device" (the words used in the initial reply) sold in the past 5ish years that uses a 2.5mm TRRS and that might create a legit risk to the OP.

Making the conversation more complex to offset a risk so small as to be irrelevant doesn't really help anyone. The OP is going to be fine on their flight. We all know that. The rest of this discussion is stupid.

I got the 2.5mm TRRS bit incorrect; they did exist but not on smart phones in recent generations. That doesn't change the result OP's initial query.
If you're convinced of the irrelevance then contact the mods and have them decide rather than appointing yourself arbiter of that. Certainly, I'm not the one who made the "conversation more complex" by introducing unnecessary factual inaccuracies - something you continued to do by claiming 2.5mm headphone+mic plugs never existed. Claiming irrelevance to cover for factual inaccuracy is weak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.