Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service cut between JFK-LAS?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Service cut between JFK-LAS?

Noticed JetBlue eliminated one of the two Mint flights between JFK and Vegas. The 9pm westbound flight from JFK to LAS is gone starting Sept 30th, and the 6am eastbound flight from LAS to JFK is gone starting Oct 1st.
Does anybody know why? The loss of the westbound 9pm flight stinks, the only westbound Mint flight is at 6am!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Yuck, huge loss for me - makes B6 unusable on the return.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:34 pm

I wonder where it will be used. FLL-PHX would make me happy :-)
Old Jun 3, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Free agent
I don't think PHX has any Mint coverage yet right?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
They lost my business when they moved the JFK-JAX flight to 530AM. It seems they are trying for the very early flyer with the 630 JFK to LAS flight but I wonder if this has to do with the JFK runway closures or something else. Given the issues with LiveTV (my wife has earned 30$ worth of credits for non working TVs) and the schedules not working for me, I have moved more of my $$$ to Delta this year. I will not do the JFK-ORD flights because of the reliability issues I have had over the years.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
What's odd is they seem to have just cut the flight entirely (as opposed to replacing with a non-Mint aircraft).
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

That’s why it looks like a reduction of service for October. The 9pm-ish westbound flight is back on November 1, according to google flights.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by leonger
That’s why it looks like a reduction of service for October. The 9pm-ish westbound flight is back on November 1, according to google flights.
With the same Mint service, too. So just a cut for October it seems.
bmg42000 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aviators99
I wonder where it will be used. FLL-PHX would make me happy :-)
Any Mint service out of PHX to BOS/JFK/FLL would make me happy as well.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the title and read the first few posts in this thread! I take this route for conventions every so often and love having Mint as an option. Getting to the hotel in Las Vegas after midnight is not great but it sure beats having to get out to JFK by 6am. Glad it is only a service cut for one month.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've flown the JFK/PHX route a number of times over the past couple years. It's almost all leisure travelers and I think I've been on a completely full flight once. I highly doubt that route will be converted to Mint.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:14 am

Flight 711 (the 9pm JFK-LAS Mint) is now appearing on the schedule 10/1-10/24 except Fridays. It remains missing from the schedule 10/25-10/31.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.