Concur / Amex Travel

Old May 31, 19, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
Concur / Amex Travel

Did not find any mention of this in the forum. If I book a flight through Concur / Amex Travel, Trueblue gives minimum points (3) per $. What's the incentive in using Jetblue for business travel?
Old Jun 1, 19, 8:22 am

Programs: Mosaic
Many people book their business travel directly on the JetBlue website, and appreciate the affordable transcon Mint service, and reliable/no-overbooking flights.
Old Jun 1, 19, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is an employer, not a B6 problem. Concur is compliance software. Your employer and corporate TA choose what you may book and in what way.

Either book directly or speak with whoever in your organization manages the travel contract.
leonger likes this.
Old Jun 1, 19, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Its neither employer nor B6 or My problem. I simply book other options. Delta /AA have service competing on most of the B6 routes. Most of the big companies use Concur / AMEX or something else and don't let you book direct. It just doesn't make sense as B6 is focusing on winning business travelers.

I am sure there are people who don't care about how many points you get, But this is flyertalk.
Old Jun 2, 19, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by virtuo0 View Post
Its neither employer nor B6 or My problem. I simply book other options. Delta /AA have service competing on most of the B6 routes. Most of the big companies use Concur / AMEX or something else and don't let you book direct. It just doesn't make sense as B6 is focusing on winning business travelers.

I am sure there are people who don't care about how many points you get, But this is flyertalk.
You misunderstand.

You are being sold what your employer chooses to buy. It is entirely possible to book full-earning tickets, F, J, Mint, or whatever on DL or B6. If you can't or you can but you are not earning what you think you should, that is because your employer has made some decisions, perhaps in return for a better discount?
Old Jun 2, 19, 11:21 am
Original Poster

There is no bulk contract or discount for the employer. Its rather compliance like someone said. The rule is you can only book tickets costing up to $200 more than least logical fare without generating policy violation. I can buy any airline as long as its within that range.
Old Jun 2, 19, 12:44 pm

Bonus points for booking via Amex Travel

I/we book our flights thru Amex Travel and I got the base and online bonus points, along with my Mosaic bonus points.

Base + Mosaic bonus + Online bonus
Old Jun 3, 19, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leonger View Post
I/we book our flights thru Amex Travel and I got the base and online bonus points, along with my Mosaic bonus points.

Base + Mosaic bonus + Online bonus
Hmm.. interesting. I only have base points posted. Maybe your Mosaic status playing a role.

Search this Thread