FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Delayed flight to JFK from MSY (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1971032-delayed-flight-jfk-msy.html)

salut0 May 23, 19 2:01 pm

Delayed flight to JFK from MSY
 
B6 576 is delayed 2.5hrs ó Google says probably due to thunderstorms at JFK.

Flightaware seems to show the incoming plane is not delayed.

So is it necessary to arrive at MSY at the originally scheduled departure time?

Any potential alternatives for getting back to NYC earlier? B6 donít seem to have nonstop routes to lga or ewr and I suspect the weather is the same there.

I see flight 2076 is also delayed. Is it possible to standby for it without status on a W class ticket if thereís only YEKH buckets available? Likely to work?

Alternatively, for the original flight If you donít arrive at original departure time and the flight leaves earlier than 2.5hrs would JetBlue put you (flying on a W-class ticket with hand baggage only) on free standby for the next flight without making you pay extra?

diburning May 31, 19 3:24 am

It's been a week since you posted this, but I thought I'd answer your questions anyway in case someone else has the same questions


Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 31131749)
B6 576 is delayed 2.5hrs ó Google says probably due to thunderstorms at JFK.

Flightaware seems to show the incoming plane is not delayed.

So is it necessary to arrive at MSY at the originally scheduled departure time?



Yes. If the plane is at the gate, they'll board passengers, and get the heck out of there as soon as ATC releases the ground delay at JFK. It might not take the whole 2.5 hours.


Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 31131749)
Any potential alternatives for getting back to NYC earlier? B6 donít seem to have nonstop routes to lga or ewr and I suspect the weather is the same there.

Besides walking over to another airline's counter and buying a new ticket? No.


Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 31131749)
I see flight 2076 is also delayed. Is it possible to standby for it without status on a W class ticket if thereís only YEKH buckets available? Likely to work?

Same day change/standby is $75. JetBlue's policy on same day changes/standby is dependent on open seats, not fare class. Since your flight is delayed, most counter agents will waive the fee, although they are not obligated to. If you pay the $75 standby fee, and you don't clear, it gets refunded.


Originally Posted by salut0 (Post 31131749)
Alternatively, for the original flight If you donít arrive at original departure time and the flight leaves earlier than 2.5hrs would JetBlue put you (flying on a W-class ticket with hand baggage only) on free standby for the next flight without making you pay extra?

See the previous answer. Same policy applies.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:45 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.