Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Pepsi and Pouring: Changes coming to catering next month

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pepsi and Pouring: Changes coming to catering next month

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

Aquafina doesn’t make bottles of water that small. Now that PepsiCo is going to start selling canned Aquafina, I’m hoping they switch to that at some point.

-J.
https://www.target.com/p/aquafina-pu...s/-/A-12959629

Honestly, Dasani is a terrible water brand, so not much of a loss there. They should stock Max instead of Diet Pepsi as a less worse alternative. Maybe La Criox too, but I might be getting ahead of myself...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: Free agent
I'd rather have Polar cans onboard. Would be a great Boston tie-in for B6.
dtremit, octr202 and danib62 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Polar is like Pepsi when compared to Coke/La Croix.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Haven't flown B6 in a while, do they still at least give you the full can or have they cheapened and only give you a cup of soda?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016
Haven't flown B6 in a while, do they still at least give you the full can or have they cheapened and only give you a cup of soda?
You still get the full can!
But just Pepsi products now, but nore more mini bottled waters though in Y!

Carfield
DCP2016 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Full can so far, 2 out of 2 flights (and they were on the shorter side, too).

For those who do like seltzer, it does now get you a 12 oz can versus the 8-10 oz cup pour. Good to keep in mind if you're really thirsty.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by octr202
Full can so far, 2 out of 2 flights (and they were on the shorter side, too).

For those who do like seltzer, it does now get you a 12 oz can versus the 8-10 oz cup pour. Good to keep in mind if you're really thirsty.
I have forced myself to like the Lime Bubly, which is a nice alternative. It mixes especially well with vodka

-J.
octr202 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I prefer Pepsi. But if people don’t like it and bring their own Coke on board that will further increase the cost savings.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Just an fyi, I was just on 2 separate flights. One was serving Crystal Geyser water and the other was serving an unrecognizable brand with a white label. I believe Niagara has green labels so that's at least 3 different brands of water. Are they serving Aquafina in Mint? Also, I was on a 5+ hour transcon and there was NO water service whatsoever. Just the main service and then a very rushed 2nd service right before landing. No other airline does that on such a long flight, especially in the Summer heat. I did have a water bottle with me but it was in my bag in the overhead.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I like the no-name white label water better. Really crisp taste. Not looking forward to them serving Aquafina, but I’ll enjoy this for now.

-J.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:22 pm

I guess Pepsi is here to stay as they B6 brands the landmarked sign in Queens - Long Island City's NY State Gantry Park. Went up this morning.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/n...rk-status.html

Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

The Pepsi sign thing is a limited-time activation. Just through the end of September.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by sbm12
The Pepsi sign thing is a limited-time activation. Just through the end of September.
What's the point of only having it for six(ish) weeks? I feel like it's not worth the effort for such a short period.

-J.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Glad I just read about this.

We'll bring on our own bottles of water... IF the new restrictions at SFO aren't spreading. And I'm not entirely sure just what will be allowed for sale post-security.

JetBlue thinking that open cups of water just sitting on those little drop-down shelves during most of the flight time ... that it is not going to lead to lots of spillage? Of course, that would be on the passengers' clothing and laptops, etc., mostly, so not a problem for JetBlue!

Anything that "helps" keeping passengers from having easy access to water is, well, not particularly healthy (especially for some with certain medical situations).

And we are among those who HATE Pepsi (especially one of us). So we'll have to bring aboard Diet Coke as well... IF it is available post-security. To be fair, we almost always carry on *bottles* of Diet Coke, as they are resealable, as are water bottles.
(So far there's only one small "post-security area" we encounter that does not ever sell any Coke products, but that's just for a single airline, and not JetBlue.)

GC
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
What's the point of only having it for six(ish) weeks? I feel like it's not worth the effort for such a short period..
Given the massive earned media exposure so far I'd say it was very, very worth it.
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
JetBlue thinking that open cups of water just sitting on those little drop-down shelves during most of the flight time ... that it is not going to lead to lots of spillage? Of course, that would be on the passengers' clothing and laptops, etc., mostly, so not a problem for JetBlue!
Just like pretty much every other airline beverage served on board hundreds of thousands of times every day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.