Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Pepsi and Pouring: Changes coming to catering next month

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pepsi and Pouring: Changes coming to catering next month

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Sad to see the individual water bottles go. One of the benefits of taking B6 on domestic.

At least they brought in Canada Dry which I much prefer to Seagrams when it comes to ginger ale.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
What will happen to the Express service on some of the short routes between New York and Nantucket/Martha's Vineyard?
They used to just hand out bottled waters because of the short flying time.

Carfield
Will probably result with the FA carrying the 1.5L bottle in one hand and a stack of cups in the other like the norm is on many long haul flights across carriers.
Carfield likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Great, I can just ask for the 1.5L bottle instead of an armful of the tiny ones. Especially for transcons.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pWei
Great, I can just ask for the 1.5L bottle instead of an armful of the tiny ones. Especially for transcons.
No way they'll give out 1.5L bottles. It's obvious these changes (Coke to Pepsi products & eliminating bottles of water) are clearly cost-cutting moves disguised as being environmental--the way hotels want you to 'go green' by refusing daily housekeeping service. The mini Dasani bottles are made from at least 30% plant-based (70% plastic) and are thin, while the replacement plastic cups will likely be thicker & 100% plastic--so there likely is a negative net environmental change with this switch. Add to that customers can no longer use the bottle holder that all A321 & refurb A320s have at seats and this is a big negative all-around. Maybe they'll sell 1.5L bottles (which could be free for Mosaics), but again, all of this is just going to piss off all customers who frequently pay JetBlue premium pricing vs. competitors in part because of the (previously) premium drink offerings & free wifi.
RWPrincess likes this.

Last edited by moulder3; Jun 3, 2019 at 10:22 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by moulder3
The mini Dasani bottles are made from at least 30% plant-based (70% plastic) and are thin, while the replacement plastic cups will likely be thicker & 100% plastic--so there likely is a negative net environmental change with this switch.
The official announcement did note they are implementing a cup recycling program, which is nice to see. I've always cringed a bit seeing the number of cups thrown away on each flight.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dtremit
The official announcement did note they are implementing a cup recycling program, which is nice to see. I've always cringed a bit seeing the number of cups thrown away on each flight.
I just read that email too. Nice too see they're recycling, however it again raises the question of if there's any environmental benefit at all to go from recycling individual bottles to recycling cups. Probably not and that means this is all cost-cutting and dropping their customer experience--especially considering all new A320s & A321s have a bottle holder at seats!

Also, why on earth aren't they offering Pepsi Max (Coke Zero alternative)? If you're gonna cheap out on your customers at least keep the same products to lessen the impact!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by moulder3
I just read that email too. Nice too see they're recycling, however it again raises the question of if there's any environmental benefit at all to go from recycling individual bottles to recycling cups. Probably not and that means this is all cost-cutting and dropping their customer experience--especially considering all new A320s & A321s have a bottle holder at seats!

Also, why on earth aren't they offering Pepsi Max (Coke Zero alternative)? If you're gonna cheap out on your customers at least keep the same products to lessen the impact!
To my knowledge Pepsi Max isn't all that common in the US. Never actually seen it. Or perhaps it's me only buying Coke products and thus not noticing?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:43 pm

This stinks. Those bottles of water were super handy. This is just a dumb cost cutting move and I'm gonna be pretty damn vocal about it.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:29 am

Pepsi Max is no Coke Zero.

I got the official email from JetBlue earlier this week.
As I said earlier, this switch is not a deal breaker. However, I will voice my displeasure on these cost-cutting efforts till they reverse the changes.

Carfield
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I’ve been told that small water bottles will still be available in the Pantry on the A321 Mint.

-J.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:25 am
Suspended

I guess it could be worse and they could have gone the way of alot of European carriers where they dont have cans or small bottles but everything into cups.

I could have accepted it if they simply would have said 'sorry folks Pepsi made us a deal we couldnt refuse and Aquafina doesnt make the same size bottles as Dasani, so a pouring it will be
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by craz
I guess it could be worse and they could have gone the way of alot of European carriers where they dont have cans or small bottles but everything into cups.

I could have accepted it if they simply would have said 'sorry folks Pepsi made us a deal we couldnt refuse and Aquafina doesnt make the same size bottles as Dasani, so a pouring it will be
Nothing is worse than being poured a flat soda out of a large bottle.

Aquafina does make small bottles IIRC so it's purely cost cutting.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Nothing is worse than being poured a flat soda out of a large bottle.
wrong theres at least 1 thing worse, the FA saying sorry only 1 cup per passenger at a time and refuses to give me 2 cups, or in the case of SN charging those in Y Intra Europe even for a cup of water
Old Jun 6, 2019, 6:54 am

Never had Pepsi at altitude, wonder what it tastes like and will find out Wednesday disappointed but not changing airline of beverage. Might not even spend the $4 to buy a coke post-security.
And Coke's marketing stunt bringing back New Coke, ugh I had the sweeter stuff hope it doesn't stay. I digress...
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Never had Pepsi at altitude, wonder what it tastes like and will find out Wednesday disappointed but not changing airline of beverage. Might not even spend the $4 to buy a coke post-security.
Back when AA had both Pepsi and Coke products I tried a Pepsi for the heck of it. Didn't notice any huge difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.