Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Pepsi and Pouring: Changes coming to catering next month

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Two big catering changes rolling out starting 3 June 2019: Pepsi replaces Coke on board JetBlue flights and mini water bottles disappear in favor of 1.5L stock that will be poured into cups for passengers. (link to my story breaking the news; FT makes me warn you of such)

The water bottle switch is being marketed partly as an ecological play but it also cuts costs and I'm not sure that Aquafina even offers the mini bottles for catering. It should also help free up overhead bin space as more catering sticks to the carts.

Disappearing from the carts will be Coke Zero (no replacement), Sprite Zero (Sierra Mist Zero Sugar) and the Fuze iced tea products.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:17 am

Horrible news about no more individual water bottles. When there is turbulence, a capped water bottle does a better job of not spilling than a cup. LOL
Old May 16, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
This is a bummer for long flights. Whether on the A321's with the snack bar, or from the basket at the back of the plane, bottles of water were always so easy to get on most flights. Usually didn't even have to bother a flight attendant for it - just help yourself. Guess maybe people were drinking too much of it? ;-)
TastyPlaneEats and RWPrincess like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I just bring my own water bottle. Coke and Pepsi products all suck.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Bummer about the water and they are seriously switching to Pepsi products but not serving Dr. Pepper??
Old May 16, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by DCP2016
Bummer about the water and they are seriously switching to Pepsi products but not serving Dr. Pepper??
Dr Pepper is not a Pepsi product.
chrisny2, Traveler_boy_25 and hhdl like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCP2016

Dr Pepper is an independent company/product

Depending on where you live it may be distributed by the Coke OR Pepsi distributor, but it belongs to neither company
wrp96 and RWPrincess like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by sbm12
Disappearing from the carts will be Coke Zero (no replacement), Sprite Zero (Sierra Mist Zero Sugar) and the Fuze iced tea products.
*Is* Sprite Zero being replaced with the Sierra Mist Zero Sugar? The list and photo in your article don't include it.

The Bubly Lime sparkling water is a nice add.

Worth noting that this is something of a resurgence for Pepsi -- Northwest was for years a Pepsi carrier, and I'm pretty sure there were other Pepsi airlines that got merged into Coke carriers. (NW was also ahead of its time in one other respect -- their sparkling water was always La Croix, whose La Crosse, WI headquarters was close to Minneapolis.)
Old May 16, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Dr Pepper is an independent company/product

Depending on where you live it may be distributed by the Coke OR Pepsi distributor, but it belongs to neither company
Keurig Dr Pepper owns Canada Dry, which is coming to JetBlue, so maybe there's hope.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:37 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
I think it’s great news that the individual bottles no away! Mountains of unnecessary trash produced on each flight. Let’s hope the cups are paper or recyclable plastic!
i have made it a habit to carry my hydro flask and just ask the FA to pour water into it, that way I get as much water as I want, and it’s also turbulence proof
lost_perspicacity likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by flsusi
I think it’s great news that the individual bottles no away! Mountains of unnecessary trash produced on each flight. Let’s hope the cups are paper or recyclable plastic!
i have made it a habit to carry my hydro flask and just ask the FA to pour water into it, that way I get as much water as I want, and it’s also turbulence proof
Amateur, you should try flying with a Camelbak and just fill it up in the lounge with your favored beverage or if you are on the flight just ask the friendly FA.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit

Worth noting that this is something of a resurgence for Pepsi -- Northwest was for years a Pepsi carrier, and I'm pretty sure there were other Pepsi airlines that got merged into Coke carriers. (NW was also ahead of its time in one other respect -- their sparkling water was always La Croix, whose La Crosse, WI headquarters was close to Minneapolis.)

Early 2000s United Airlines went with Pepsi for ~ five years
Old May 16, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Horrible move to get rid of Coke products! This is really a bummer. I despise Pepsi and will not drink this garbage. So are they going to serve Jack&Pepsi? Gag!
Old May 17, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Well this news really sucks! I can't even count the number of times that Coke Zero has saved me. Mostly on red-eyes when I needed to be alert for meetings and as a great mixer.

At the very least Jetblue should carry Pepsi Max--Pepsi's (lesser) Coke Zero knock-off. Until they do, all of my overnight flights will be going to another airline.

What a major decision to make without even polling Mosaic members. I thought JetBlue was smarter with customer service than announcing like this...
RWPrincess likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:25 am

Loooool. Changing airlines because of a soda? That's pretty incredible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.