FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Mint price increase SEA-JFK? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1965955-mint-price-increase-sea-jfk.html)

hkcj Apr 18, 2019 6:30 am

Mint price increase SEA-JFK?

I was booking flights for an upcoming trip last night, and when I went to book the return leg on Mint from Seattle to JFK, I swear that the price had increased from $499 to $599. Looking forward, there are no flights for under $599, so I'm wondering if they did a blanket price increase or if I'm going crazy? I do remember thinking that 4$99 seemed too good to be true!

MSYtoJFKagain Apr 18, 2019 12:46 pm

I thought $499 was just the intro rate.

hkcj Apr 18, 2019 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain (Post 31014679)
I thought $499 was just the intro rate.

Did it end last night? 😢

wrp96 Apr 18, 2019 2:31 pm

AA has been cancelling their JFK-SEA flights. Less competition means higher fares.

Sallycat Apr 18, 2019 3:42 pm

I had a BOS-BUF fare increase mid booking yesterday. Turned around and went right to Delta for 1/3 of the price. B6 has been driving me nuts lately.

dcas Apr 18, 2019 8:36 pm

I flew JFK-SEA for $399 in February. More expensive during the nicer months obviously

tphuang Apr 19, 2019 6:27 am

They will price these seats at a price that can sell. Summer time has more demand and they are not increasing the number of flights while AA has cancelled the route these months. So obviously, the prices are going up. Wait until Sep/Oct, the prices will be down again.

There is no reason for JetBlue to be cheaper than competitors when they have the best product.

hkcj Apr 19, 2019 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang (Post 31016750)
There is no reason for JetBlue to be cheaper than competitors when they have the best product.

$599 is a totally reasonable price for a lie-flat red-eye and work is paying for most of the trip so it's not terrible, but I'm still eating the $100 extra cost personally. Really I'm just annoyed that the price increased while I was booking. I was going to book in the morning but was investigating outbound flights so that I could put it on a single ticket. *Sigh*.

This has happened to me multiple times in the last few months!

easy_money Apr 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by whicuz (Post 31017666)
$599 is a totally reasonable price for a lie-flat red-eye and work is paying for most of the trip so it's not terrible, but I'm still eating the $100 extra cost personally. Really I'm just annoyed that the price increased while I was booking. I was going to book in the morning but was investigating outbound flights so that I could put it on a single ticket. *Sigh*.

This has happened to me multiple times in the last few months!

I've encountered that problem twice also. I was on the phone the CSR trying to book cancel my current reservation and book the mint seat on the same flight as it dropped from $999 down to $599. Got all the way to processing it, CSR was having issue getting it through. Then as she started again, she told me the reason was that it went back up in price while we she was trying to process it. It is a bit frustrating when prices increase while you're in the process of booking it. I later declined it and asked her to reinstate previous reservation, and it was done without issue. 30 minutes later, I wanted to check prices again. The price had dropped again......This time instead of calling the CSR to do it, immediately booked it myself and then canceled my other reservation.

The 2nd this happened, I didn't get so lucky. After that incident, I always just booked it myself and cancelled my 2nd reservation if I had it. Was just easier and faster. Only because I'm Mosaic, I can do it myself. For people that are not Mosaic, it'd be a PITA IMO.

PVDtoDEL Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm

SEA-BOS went up $150ish as well earlier this week. I got lucky and booked the day prior to the price increase?

hkcj Apr 23, 2019 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by easy_money (Post 31017779)
The 2nd this happened, I didn't get so lucky. After that incident, I always just booked it myself and cancelled my 2nd reservation if I had it. Was just easier and faster. Only because I'm Mosaic, I can do it myself. For people that are not Mosaic, it'd be a PITA IMO.

Yep, my big takeaway is always buy ASAP, and cancel after some more research if you need to.