JFK-GYE coming 5 December 2019

Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by michael1023
what type of food/snacks are offered on this route? should I prepare to bring snacks and beverages, after security of course...
They will offer their signature snacks and beverages (lately which has been a bottle of water and a couple of snacks).

-J.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
They will offer their signature snacks and beverages (lately which has been a bottle of water and a couple of snacks).

-J.
oh wow, so no meal, or sandwich or anything for purchase i guess?, since its a 7 hour flight
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
oh wow, so no meal, or sandwich or anything for purchase i guess?, since its a 7 hour flight
Supposedly onboard service is returning somewhat starting November 1st according to this thread: On Board Service Returns Nov 1

JetBlue does not serve complimentary meals. All of this information is available on their website. I strongly suggest you bring something from home since the options at T5 are currently limited (nor are they very good).

I am flying Delta next week and I am planning to get breakfast at a deli before going to the airport. I know everyone on the plane will be jealous of my BEC

-J.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
You'll have wi-fi and DirecTV for probably half the flight. I think the NEO has the upgraded antenna so you might have wi-fi for longer. Once service is lost, movies will still be available.

-J.
The A321neos and the Phase 2 cabin refresh A320s will have coverage through to the northern tip of South America.

GW McLintock and Owenc like this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 1:36 pm

is there any website or place where we can see the loads for this particular route? like how many passengers are flying it per flight roundtrip?

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:24 pm

bump...

has anyone flown the jfk-gye route recently? do they ask during check in at jfk if you have the negative pcr test with you, filled out any forms, etc...

thanks
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:14 am

bump...

has anyone flown the jfk-gye route recently? do they ask during check in at jfk if you have the negative pcr test with you, filled out any forms, etc...

thanks
bump....
Old Dec 7, 2020, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bump....
You may want to try asking this on one of the destination specific forums. I don't think you will have much luck here.

-J.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 8:23 am

You may want to try asking this on one of the destination specific forums. I don't think you will have much luck here.

-J.
yeah, I was thinking that, but the activity on that forum is far less, i figure this one might be more active, i will find out in 9 days anyway lol
Old Dec 7, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Ecuador requires the negative PCR test within 10 days. If you do not have one, they will provide one upon arrival at the traveler's expense, and the traveler will be required to quarrantine under supervision until the test results return and are negative. If you are a US government official and/or their dependent(s), you are required to quarrantine for 14 days as well.

A negative PCR test is not required to board. JetBlue may ask, but you're not required to have one to board, but they will make sure that you are aware that you will be on the hook for whatever the Ecuadorian government charges for a test. You are, however required to have the Ecuadorian Special Immigration Form (which appears to only come in Spanish) and the Ecuadorian Traveler Health Declaration Form, both filled out prior to boarding, and you will not be allowed to board without them.

This applies to both Quito and Guayaquil. (the only two cities in Ecuador served by JetBlue). If you have an onward journey to the Galapagos, the requirements are stricter to enter that area, but are separate.
Owenc likes this.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 7, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:53 am

does anyone know why, or is there a website that can explain, why on Monday, 12/21, flight 1769 from jfk-gye got diverted to fll for like two hours? just curious
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:19 am

bump...

so a little review of my trip from jfk-gye, gye-jfk on this flight, jetblue 1769 and 1770...

going out to gye was a complete mess, the boarding process was as follows in jfk: rows 24-34, then rows 20-34, (we are in extra paid EMS seats in row 17), then rows 1-4, then....no more announcements, just a crowd around the gate, so me and my wife just kind of made our way into the line, and while just about to board, (meanwhile the jetway bridge door is wide open, with 30 mph winds and snow coming in and we are freezing), they start asking all passengers to check in any carry ons, and we were very upset, because they gave us literally just a few seconds to go through our carrys ons becuase they were in a race against the clock because of this snow storn here in nyc on dec 16...we checked both carry ons, and my wife got very upset and cried because we paid for these EMS seats, and regardless of updated covid boarding, we should at least have space allotted for our carry ons, while others boarding before us had basically filled up the aircraft...thankfully a flight attendant was able to pull one of them and store it and took out his carry on, just so basically we wouldnt get more upset...

coming back was decent, less full of a flight from gye-jfk, the wifi worked fine basically from panama onward, but the live TV didnt work at all the whole flight...

im not conflicted as to what airline to fly back to gye in the spring/summer, latam I have no idea what their plans are, and connecting in miami via american is a loooong day as well, kinda dissapointing overall experience, mostly the outbound flight..sorry for the rant...
Owenc likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bump...

so a little review of my trip from jfk-gye, gye-jfk on this flight, jetblue 1769 and 1770...

going out to gye was a complete mess, the boarding process was as follows in jfk: rows 24-34, then rows 20-34, (we are in extra paid EMS seats in row 17), then rows 1-4, then....no more announcements, just a crowd around the gate, so me and my wife just kind of made our way into the line, and while just about to board, (meanwhile the jetway bridge door is wide open, with 30 mph winds and snow coming in and we are freezing), they start asking all passengers to check in any carry ons, and we were very upset, because they gave us literally just a few seconds to go through our carrys ons becuase they were in a race against the clock because of this snow storn here in nyc on dec 16...we checked both carry ons, and my wife got very upset and cried because we paid for these EMS seats, and regardless of updated covid boarding, we should at least have space allotted for our carry ons, while others boarding before us had basically filled up the aircraft...thankfully a flight attendant was able to pull one of them and store it and took out his carry on, just so basically we wouldnt get more upset...

coming back was decent, less full of a flight from gye-jfk, the wifi worked fine basically from panama onward, but the live TV didnt work at all the whole flight...

im not conflicted as to what airline to fly back to gye in the spring/summer, latam I have no idea what their plans are, and connecting in miami via american is a loooong day as well, kinda dissapointing overall experience, mostly the outbound flight..sorry for the rant...
That is unacceptable. I would email or call JetBlue and demand a refund for your EMS seats. They advertise early boarding and early access to overhead bins as two separate benefits on their website, and you received neither of these. If you haven't already, you can get a $15 voucher for future travel for the broken TV on the return flight (that is the standard amount regardless of route). I know you were looking forward to your trip and I wish it had been better; unfortunately I am not entirely surprised as consistency is an area where JetBlue consistently fails.

-J.
diburning likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: MSC Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, RCCL Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite
Sorry for disappointing experience. I am trying to find a good time to fly to GYE. How was immigration with the Covid policy? What did you have to do? You had the overnight flight coming back? How was customs back at JFK?
Old Dec 31, 2020, 10:33 am

That is unacceptable. I would email or call JetBlue and demand a refund for your EMS seats. They advertise early boarding and early access to overhead bins as two separate benefits on their website, and you received neither of these. If you haven't already, you can get a $15 voucher for future travel for the broken TV on the return flight (that is the standard amount regardless of route). I know you were looking forward to your trip and I wish it had been better; unfortunately I am not entirely surprised as consistency is an area where JetBlue consistently fails.

-J.
yes I am going to contact them in the next few days about the experience. I have an iPhone so I can chat with them I believe in iMessage. Hopefully I can explain myself without having to call as I will probably get more angry. The deplaning was a mess in gye too. Although the lead FA made the announcement for no one to stand unless the row in front of them was clear, everyone stood up once the aircraft arrived and it was a free for all. In jfk however, the lead FA was stern in his announcement and everyone followed the order very well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.