Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue through check-in and baggage transfer

Old Apr 14, 2019, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Hi FT community,

I've been looking at an itinerary BOS-JFK-TPE with the first leg on B6 and the second on BR. Both segments will be on one PNR and hence the connection would be protected.
Would B6 through check me in to TPE at BOS, and would I need to do anything at JFK with regards to my luggage, or would they be transferred behind the scenes?

I have two options, a 3.5h layover and a 7h one.
I'm of the view that 3.5h is sufficient. Does anyone have anything to say to the contrary?

Appreciate everyone's insights. Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Go with the 3.5 hour connection. B6 & BR have a baggage interline agreement so your bag will be tagged through. Be sure to confirm the baggage allowance with your ticket and have it in writing if you’re carrying more than one checked bag as sometimes non alliance partners can be tricky.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.