Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue: Great Airline. Horrible Website!

Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC

Jetblue's website is beyond terrible. It takes 3-4 attempts to login and during the session will get logged out and ask for passwords again. The website is beyond slow. Can't change reservations as it errors out. I do not know of any other airline that has such a terrible experience.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:54 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

While we don't disagree with you, we've noticed that sometimes if you open an incognito window in your browser, or clear cookies, or use another browser entirely, the problems go away. It could be related to a corrupted cookie. Worth a shot, but we do agree that their website could use *a lot* of improvement.
FLTripper likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
While we don't disagree with you, we've noticed that sometimes if you open an incognito window in your browser, or clear cookies, or use another browser entirely, the problems go away. It could be related to a corrupted cookie. Worth a shot, but we do agree that their website could use *a lot* of improvement.
Now if only I could figure out a similar solution to the daily email I've been getting about great rental car deals for my upcoming trip on 3/27
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:02 am

Jetblue's website has been .... for as long as I've flown with them, even with the recent update. Still, just a minor inconvenience for all the benefits of flying with them
acker likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by Vincent Zuo
Jetblue's website has been .... for as long as I've flown with them, even with the recent update. Still, just a minor inconvenience for all the benefits of flying with them
No it got much worse about 6 months ago when they revamped the website. It used to be OK in terms of speed and bugs. Now it is both slow and buggy. There may be slightly more functionality (though I couldn't say what that would be) -- but I'd be happy if they just restored the old site. I find that (with the current one) I can't use my standard browser -- it simply doesn't work.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
Originally Posted by BostonAndy
No it got much worse about 6 months ago when they revamped the website. It used to be OK in terms of speed and bugs. Now it is both slow and buggy. There may be slightly more functionality (though I couldn't say what that would be) -- but I'd be happy if they just restored the old site. I find that (with the current one) I can't use my standard browser -- it simply doesn't work.
Yes, the problems with not being able to sign-in/stale sessions definitely dates from that revamp. Was fine (but slow) before.
ACCDraw and bmg42000 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
I'm dreading how the website will perform today if they do indeed announce the new transatlantic routes...
ACCDraw likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL, AA
9/18/2019 - spent 2 hrs trying to get simple reservation, many iterations (website platforms),
each one unique in it’s incoherence.
And horribly S.L.O.W...

Website/App told me to call jetBlue - “problem with internet”
Called as instructed.
Call-que was 30” and extra $25 (even though website TOLD me to make reservation via phone).

Gave up. Got simple reservation on another airline for $20 more.
Not sure there’s any love left for jetBlue

If I can get on aircraft, it’s an enjoyable flight.

Is JetBlue aware of horrible website?
Does Jet Blue read flyertalk?
Rampage1967 and Carfield like this.

Last edited by ACCDraw; Sep 18, 2019 at 7:41 pm
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Honestly, this is why I turned my back on TrueBlue (not JetBlue as a whole; that's another story):

The website, as of last summer, was incapable of properly processing married segments between a Mint segment and a "regular" segment. It automatically (and without exception) pairs a Mint fare with a bare-bones Blue fare. If the Mint segment is first, this isn't the end of the world, but it makes it hell at the airport if the first leg is the non-Mint segment (I was able to beg my way around what I would argue would be an utterly improper bag fee one time, and I never did that again). There was no way to pair the Mint segment with the other fares via the website (and I'd argue that it should have "married" to either BluePlus or BlueFlex, FWIW, given the relative baggage allowances).

Pricing and availability were also shot to hell...on another search, I would be told that there was no availability RIC-BOS-SEA in Mint on one proposed flight pair even though I could arrange availability on both the RIC-BOS and BOS-SEA legs (the latter, yes, being in Mint). For the other proposed options, the connection between the price of RIC-BOS-SEA and RIC-BOS/BOS-SEA was...I think the term I will use is "tenuous". In several cases, there was a "marriage penalty" of about $500 to book a through fare versus the underlying segments. No, the issue did not appear with the coach-style fares, and some other booking engines could navigate it just fine. The only way to get things to work "properly" would be to call in, and (based on a previous incident) my experience is that if you call in to get the website situation un-frakked, you lose the "bonus points" for using the website (e.g. half or more of your likely earn) even if you don't get stung with a call-in fee. Long story short, I ended up saying "screw this" and flying RIC-BOS on DL and BOS-SEA on B6 (the DL ticket in F RIC-BOS wasn't too far off the "proper" BlueFlex fare that I would have needed to "force" to avoid the nonsense back in the first paragraph).

(I abandoned B6 in general because, these issues aside, their route network does not serve my needs. I don't like the stupid games either, but I can't justify steering my business to B6 when I can get a lot more out of a similar relationship with DL and get both better OTP and a better network in the process.)
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
. . . I can't justify steering my business to B6 when I can get a lot more out of a similar relationship with DL and get both better OTP and a better network in the process.)
EGG-zactly.

I just sent e-mail to JBlue (it took me 15” to cipher the “report website problems” link). Told B6 my problem, also suggested someone from management should start reading Flyertalk, that my
situation was not unique and there were situations far worse.

Maybe B6 thinks their competition is WN?
Not in my case, it’s DL and AS.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Pretty much. When VX got swallowed by AS, I had to pick where I was going to land. DL, AS, and B6 were the three theoretical options. Each had pros and cons, but given that I was having to flip to mileage/segment-based status earning (instead of spend-based, as was the case with VX, where three TCON trips and change usually had me covered for the year), AS was out once it became clear that the AS-AA/DL partnerships were going away. B6 never thrilled me outside of their Mint routes, and their booking engine issues ultimately made it clear that it wasn't the right airline for me. Ended up going with DL in the end (mostly due to how the partnership with VS worked at the time, the fact that I was able to pull that status together easily and cheaply, and the fact that at the time they had a miniature network of lie-flat domestic flights out of ATL that I could regularly make work for my TCON trips).

(I never seriously considered WN, AA, or UA for various reasons.)
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Agree that the website problems have been going from bad to worse -- they seem to have some kind of issue with my home internet provider. Can only reliably book at home through a tethered cell connection. Multiple computers and multiple browsers.
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
One still cannot purchase mixed cabin itinaries online. They've known about it long enough that it's almost as though they're willfully refusing to enable that.
caliform and Carfield like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
It's truly terrible. I am beyond loyal to this airline for reason that even I can't quite comprehend and the website actually getting worse was a true surprise. I didn't know it was possible.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
The website, as of last summer, was incapable of properly processing married segments between a Mint segment and a "regular" segment. ...
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
One still cannot purchase mixed cabin itinaries online. They've known about it long enough that it's almost as though they're willfully refusing to enable that.
Agreed that this is a huge problem for the company, especially as they know it is broken and have an alternate booking path for SMBs that does it "right" consistently, the BlueInc portal.

It is hard to tell if they are purposefully forgoing the connecting Mint fares to hold out for more O/D (theoretically higher yield) pax or if it is just too low a priority to get fixed. But it is definitely broken unless you're using BlueInc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.