Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

SMF/SLC to SYR schedule stops after June 12

Old Mar 20, 19, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K//DL Silver//Bonvoy Platinum

I'm trying to look at costs for points/cash to book a flight in August. I've tried a couple cities SMF>SYR and SLC>SYR. Neither shows any flights available at all after 6/12/19. Plenty on every single day, but then it's nothing after then. I can find fares from JFK-SYR beyond 6/12/19. Why is it that there's nothing showing up when I search departures from SMF and SLC?

I don't fly B6 much, so it might just be a newb problem that I'm not familiar with.

Thanks,
Dave.
Old Mar 20, 19, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The morning JFK-SYR flight moves from ~10:30a to ~7a making the SMF/SLC-JFK flights misconnect. Or you can book it multi-city with a long sit in New York. But JetBlue typically doesn't sell domestic trips with really long connections so that's why you don't see it on the schedules.
Old Mar 20, 19, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K//DL Silver//Bonvoy Platinum
Wow! That's crazy. I'm astounded that they don't plan their schedule more efficiently than that. Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 20, 19, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I think they do plan their schedules pretty efficiently like almost all airlines. They just see more value in providing an earlier morning departure for JFK originating traffic (which will likely by 80+% of the traffic on the flight) than making sure the very limited subset of passengers who want to connect to SYR from SMF/SLC can connect. Airline network planning is always a series of trade offs and getting more $ out of the majority of passengers for the better departure time is a way better decision than 1 passenger per day still making the SMF/SLC connection.

Search this Thread