FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Wireless headphones (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1961061-wireless-headphones.html)

Mary Louise Mar 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Wireless headphones

hi.

i have not flown B6 for quite some time. Planning on flying them next week. Am I able to use wireless headphones with their IFE?

Thanks

ML

AutoSlash Mar 15, 2019 4:05 pm

It's a standard headphone jack for the IFE so if you've got something that can plug into that and transmit to your wireless headphones, then you're good-to-go. If you're asking if they have built-in Bluetooth pairing, then no.

Mary Louise Mar 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Thank you

I do not have anything that would plug into their IFE system.

ML

bkojote Mar 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mary Louise (Post 30892567)
Thank you

I do not have anything that would plug into their IFE system.

ML

I use a bluetooth transmitter. Works pretty well.

mikew99 Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm

I carry a Bluetooth transmitter similar to one; it's small, light, and easy to carry. Once paired with my Bluetooth headphones, I can plug it in to the audio jack on the IFE, and it will transmit the sound with low latency (for synchronizing with the video).

Do note that some airlines limit or restrict the use of Bluetooth devices in flight.

Mary Louise Mar 16, 2019 5:33 am

Thank you for that option.

tkey75 Mar 16, 2019 8:38 am

Does any airline offer native BT pairing for their IFE?

TastyPlaneEats Mar 16, 2019 8:59 pm

I have been using (Twelve South AirFly) paired with Bose QuietComfort 35 II or Sony WI-1000X on my JetBlue flights.

Need an adapter to work with some of Delta’s older planes, since their headphone jacks require two pins.

mikesyr18 Mar 18, 2019 5:27 am

Originally Posted by mikew99 (Post 30892762)
Do note that some airlines limit or restrict the use of Bluetooth devices in flight.

Almost every phone and laptop has Bluetooth capabilities, and many are enabled in flight. There's simply no way to tell if someone is using Bluetooth without going way out of your way.

sbm12 Mar 20, 2019 10:59 am

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 30893955)
Does any airline offer native BT pairing for their IFE?

I believe the first such system finally was delivered to an airline in the past couple months. China Eastern now has it:

Until very recently the IFE vendors suggested that supporting bluetooth to passenger devices would be too difficult and a spectrum nightmare. Now it is possible but requires updated hardware so is only happening on the newest installs and even then only in very limited scenarios. (I wrote that story; FT makes me warn you.)