Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Can I use TrueBlue points to upgrade from a Blue seat to Extra Space?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat

I'm a Mosaic member. Someone told me that I could purchase a Blue Seat and then use a few points to get an extra legroom seat. Is that correct?

It looks like you can't do that to upgrade to Mint seats. I'd love to upgrade but am flying for a startup (of which I'm a co-founder) and can't see setting the tone of 1st class travel at a startup.
RSSrsvp likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by shawbridge
I'm a Mosaic member. Someone told me that I could purchase a Blue Seat and then use a few points to get an extra legroom seat. Is that correct?

It looks like you can't do that to upgrade to Mint seats. I'd love to upgrade but am flying for a startup (of which I'm a co-founder) and can't see setting the tone of 1st class travel at a startup.
You can use TrueBlue points to upgrade from a core seat to an Even More Space seat, but that's it. (It's an excellent value to do so too.) Costs range from like 300 points (short hops) to 1200 points (transcons)
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
Just did it for Even More Space at 1100 BOS-SFO but alas doesn't work for Mint. Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:42 am

You can also get a free EMS upgrade at the time of check in (use the Mosaic line) or at the gate. I usually only pay for an upgrade with points if I'm flying with other people, otherwise I get the upgrade at the gate.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Free agent
Just did it for Even More Space at 1100 BOS-SFO but alas doesn't work for Mint. Thanks.
Mint is never available as a points upgrade, only a full booking. Would be a nice offer for Mosaic at a discounted rate but I would be shocked if they did it. They fill those seats with revenue pax.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Mint is never available as a points upgrade, only a full booking. Would be a nice offer for Mosaic at a discounted rate but I would be shocked if they did it. They fill those seats with revenue pax.
They should offer it as a last minute gate upgrade (for points or discounted price) for Mosaics. I've flown Mint quite a few times with just one or two other people in the cabin
Old Mar 25, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: Free agent
They usually offer a flat upgrade fee (I've heard/seen 350-500 depending on the route) at the gate if there are seats left. My recent flights (LAS/SFO/LAX) have been full or 1/2 open seats in Mint.

I think any discounted Mint buy-up would be great for off-peak flights (Looking at you 10:45pm JFK-LAX)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.