Mint Seat 1 D or 1 F?

Old Mar 13, 19, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Mint Seat 1 D or 1 F?

Trying to decide between these seats....if I choose the window seat, do I have to climb over the pax in 1D to get out or is there ample leg room? Or should I just grab an aisle, which I usually do? It's my first time in Mint and appreciate any thoughts.
Old Mar 13, 19, 7:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
If the bed is all the way down, you won't be able to walk around. Otherwise there's enough space to scoot past them if the seat is upright.

I would pick the window seat if you are looking for some sleep, aisle if it's a daytime flight and are focused on the service/getting up and around.
amonisis likes this.
Old Mar 13, 19, 10:35 am

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
I just made this decision this morning after having a Mint window seat last month. With the bed down, it is pretty impossible to climb over the seat on the aisle and they are cross country flights, so the struggle for the bathroom is real . There seems like there is enough room to pick an aisle seat and not be bothered by the carts or attendants going up and down the aisle, so for the first time, I've picked the aisle.
Old Mar 13, 19, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cacic View Post
I just made this decision this morning after having a Mint window seat last month. With the bed down, it is pretty impossible to climb over the seat on the aisle and they are cross country flights, so the struggle for the bathroom is real . There seems like there is enough room to pick an aisle seat and not be bothered by the carts or attendants going up and down the aisle, so for the first time, I've picked the aisle.
And I have done the same - thanks to you both for the help.
Old Mar 15, 19, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mickidon View Post
Trying to decide between these seats....if I choose the window seat, do I have to climb over the pax in 1D to get out or is there ample leg room? Or should I just grab an aisle, which I usually do? It's my first time in Mint and appreciate any thoughts.

1F.

Significantly more privacy as you won't be overlooking the galley. While you may need to climb over the other passenger if they're laying down this is about as easy as it gets, as you've got a bit more space thanks to the bulkhead. Additionally, if the seat next to you is empty you've got the best seat on the plane.
Old Mar 27, 19, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the advice. I took the aisle 1D since I tend to walk around frequently on flights. It would have been hard to get by the aisle passenger from 1F with the seat even slightly reclined. That said, the downside, as noted above, was staring at the toilet and into the galley the entire flight. There was a deadheading FA in the jump seat, so there was probably more chatter than usual, so sleeping in the aisle seat was a challenge. I think people probably know whether they value privacy or access, and the
decision here should be based on that as the difference is pretty clear. That said, it was my first time on Mint (AA canceled my flight) and I was very pleasantly surprised.