Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

B6 finally to announce European routes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6 finally to announce European routes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Free agent
Looking at the Thompson website, it seems decent. Tons of leg room, full bed, big screen.

https://www.thompsonaero.com/seating-range/vantagesolo/
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by hi55us
Those 1-1 seats don't look as nice as the current mint config. Don't like having your back to the window and don't like the way the seats stick out into the aisle.
Disagree, much more leg room, direct aisle access for all seats. Neither of which I'd give up so others can sit next to someone.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:43 am

The seats look good, a big step up from any other herringbone layouts I've seen. On the cons list is them being terrible for chatty couples and looking out the window. But then again on the upside, less chance of being next to a chatty couple or someone with the window shade open when you're trying to sleep.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Surprised more hasn't leaked about the announcement. They've kept it pretty tight-lipped, unless it's going to be a complete nothing just expressing their desire to do European routes in the future.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
On the cons list is them being terrible for chatty couples ... less chance of being next to a chatty couple
I see this as a pro, especially on TATL redeyes.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
While we're waiting on the big announcement, I'll say I'm not too excited by the proposed new Mint seats. While much depends on their actual dimensions, they look a bit like the original DL J seats on the 777 or most of the VS J seats (albeit presumably with full recline), both of which feel cramped laterally and make it nearly impossible to look out the window. The door gimmick makes zero difference to me. I do like all seats having aisle access, which would be a win for a narrowbody.

While I agree the current Mint config is better when traveling with a +1 (or solo, it's nice to have the choice), I can assure the VIP Business Travelers that two people can travel together in this sort of configuration as well

If I were to compare hypothetical TATL Mint against DL/VS J end to end, Mint would have to come in quite a bit cheaper for me to even consider it, against the lounge situation (even if B6 decided to add lounges for TATL Mint, it's hard to imagine they'd compete with the VS Clubhouse), the FFP situation (DL RDM are at least more widely redeemable, and in most cases higher level DL elite status is more valuable than the B6 equivalent), and perhaps most importantly B6's terrible IROPs handling (I know I've argued before this isn't important to "Premium Leisure", but at the same price wouldn't you pick the more reliable airline?).
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:58 pm

saw this insta linked on the dumspter fire known as airliners.net
Paris and London stickers visible

Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by djsflynn
We have it on fairly solid authority that JetBlue's trans-Atlantic A321LRs will feature the Vantage Solo (B6 will be launch customer for this), with the Solo now sporting a sliding privacy door which was missing from Thompson's previous PR pics.
Glad to see some corroboration of my story from Monday.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Is that official yet? Which routes? LGW or LHR?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:34 pm

This guy is live tweeting it : https://twitter.com/WandrMe/
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Vincent Zuo
Just a heads up, that's sbm12.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Vincent Zuo
Originally Posted by nevansm
Just a heads up, that's sbm12.
Thanks sbm12!

A little unsettled by the vague mention of "evolving Mosaic" with no specifics...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:14 pm

I wouldn't read too much into the Mosaic thing.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by caburrito
Disagree, much more leg room, direct aisle access for all seats. Neither of which I'd give up so others can sit next to someone.
There's also a retractable privacy panel on each seat -- not ideal for couples, but it looks like you should be able to have a decent conversation. For 5-7 hour flights, I wouldn't mind it.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:24 pm

2021? Ew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.