Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Departure Delay & Onboard arrival delay

Old Feb 25, 19, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: CATHAY PACIFIC

Hi, I recently flew with B6 from LAX to BOS. When I booked the flight in October, the schedule was about 10pm departure and 630am(+1) arrival. A few months later, the schedule changed to 1155pm departure and 821am(+1) arrival. Since it is no more than 3 hours, they did not offer any compensation at that time.

However, on date of travel, due to a late arrival of inbounding flight, our flight finally departs at 116am and arrived at 921am.

Am I entitle for any compensation?

Taken into account of the change in flight schedule, I definitely experienced a departure delay over 3 hours and arrival delay of exact 1 hour (according to the new schedule).

Thank you so much.
Old Feb 25, 19, 10:04 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

You are not entitled to compensation. You could have canceled for free when the schedule change occurred if the new time didn't work for you. That, however, is a completely separate issue from compensation for a delayed departure/arrival, where, as you point out, compensation kicks in at the 3-hour mark.
Old Feb 25, 19, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The first was a schedule change well in advance of the flight. It was not a delay. You were 60 minutes late and that is it.

As noted above, you certainly could have cancelled your ticket for a full refund when the schedule change occurred.