FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   2019 Mosaic Members - Have you received your bonus points + welcome kit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1954909-2019-mosaic-members-have-you-received-your-bonus-points-welcome-kit.html)

bkojote Feb 6, 2019 9:54 am

2019 Mosaic Members - Have you received your bonus points + welcome kit?

It's been discussed on some other threads but there still seem to be a lot of people who haven't received their Mosaic bonus or welcome kit.

I qualified on 12/1/2018 and still haven't received either my welcome bonus or kit, though I do have Mosaic status and have been able to use the benefits. I wrote in on 1/12 and was told it may be another 6-8 weeks.

Vincent Zuo Feb 6, 2019 11:25 am

Bonus points posted with my qualifying flight on 12/20. No welcome kit yet

notthatdeadyet Feb 6, 2019 12:14 pm

Requalified 11/18. IT System processed it and awarded bonus three weeks later... mid December. Luggage tags arrived late January 2019.

BbTrumpet Feb 8, 2019 12:24 am

Requalified last September, and the 15k points posted with the flight that pushed me over (with the usual 3-5 nonsense-delay for the flight). Welcome kit with tags showed up about two weeks later, which was much faster than last year when it took almost two months.

bemis Feb 8, 2019 9:24 am

Welcome kit in about 3 weeks, and almost 2 months without the 15k points. When I called the mosaic line, they said another 6-8 weeks (which would put it to end of March, almost 4 months total). We'll see...

amonisis Feb 8, 2019 11:35 am

flew on 3/1, got the email verification 3/9. I don't remember how long it took for the welcome kit to arrive, but it was all dated for 2018 anyways, i never got 2019 tags. probably too early.

BbTrumpet Feb 8, 2019 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by amonisis (Post 30754599)
flew on 3/1, got the email verification 3/9. I don't remember how long it took for the welcome kit to arrive, but it was all dated for 2018 anyways, i never got 2019 tags. probably too early.

The 2019 tags I got didn't have any year on them, FWIW.

crimonist Feb 11, 2019 8:52 am

Qualified in mid-October. Got my welcome kit in late December or early January, can't remember exactly. Still no bonus points, though. I've been told they're coming, but no timetable.

acker Feb 13, 2019 11:20 am

Well, that was sure fast. Became Mosaic as of my Feb 8th cc statement (pd almost 50k taxes w/ new cc). Paid the charges in full before statement closed because I wanted Mosaic ASAP. I called Barclay on the 10th asking if I had reached the 50k spend. Answer was yes, that I was now Mosaic, and that Barclay had generated a new JetBlue acct number. I called JetBlue gave them the new/old acct #s , JetBlue merged them. JetBlue said I was Mosaic as well. Today it's 5 days later and my Mosaic packet arrived - albeit with the wrong acct number (so it was sent before the 10th). For my travels, Mosaic is incredibly valuable. And yesterday I received the 15k points.

bkojote Feb 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Quick update, my points just posted! Still no welcome kit yet!

joachimm Feb 13, 2019 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by acker (Post 30774152)
(pd almost 50k taxes w/ new cc)

Nice opportunity to pick up Mosaic for ~$350 (cc fee - value of points), well worth it. I've been reading that more people will have a points generation opportunity like this for the 2018 tax year.

bemis Feb 13, 2019 7:30 pm

My points posted overnight as well. I guess the stack of Hollerith cards was finally put in the right order and sent through the reader, and the job ran..

acker Feb 13, 2019 7:31 pm

Yes, an easy call to pay taxes on Jan 1st thereby generating almost 2 yrs of Mosaic. I used the cc to pay 2018 Q4 941 business taxes from our 12/31 payroll. And fees generated by paying business taxes w/ a cc are deductible, still.
Mosaic saves me oodles on flights. My god, it's such a powerful program. I'm CP on SWA too and together it makes booking trips fun.
I'll leave it to the talking heads on BA to strategize about getting those up crappy up front seats on domestic legacy airlines, yawn. But then I'm the kind of person who can't help but laugh when I read about those poor saps schlepping to the Maldives just so they can max out their free hotel awards. To each their own, I guess.

BostonAndy Feb 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Achieved Mosaic via 50K spending in '19. Mosaic status only through '19.

Did the pay taxes in early Jan '19 approach. After my statement closed in late Jan '19, Mosaic status showed up on JetBlue site. However both Barclays site and JetBlue show this status as extending only through Dec 31, 2019, rather than through 2020. Also JetBlue 'backdated' my 15K Mosaic Bonus to Dec 30, 2018. I plan to take this up with Barclays (as their FAQ is pretty clear status should extend through 2020), but I'm not sure that they are the responsible party. Note that the Barclays site does show all the spending in '19.

acker Feb 17, 2019 5:23 am

Funny that you say that about only being given Mosaic for '19. I did a chat with JetBlue online yesterday and the bot/agent said same thing - Mosaic for only '19. I did a cut/paste into the chat showing that JetBlue online says

How long does TrueBlue Mosaic last?

TrueBlue Mosaic status is good for one calendar year, so you need to meet the Mosaic qualifications every calendar year if you want to keep Mosaic status. You can earn status based on your flight activity and points earned in the previous calendar year. For example, meeting the criteria through flying and earning points today would get you TrueBlue Mosaic status through December 31 of next year.

The bot/agents reply was "I guess it does then". :confused: