Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

First JetBlue experience--ridiculous

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

I've not flown JetBlue before; are they always this ridiculous?

I have an itinerary ATL-JFK tomorrow. I got email and text messages 3 hours ago that my flight had been canceled and re-scheduled. Yeah, right--rescheduled for the same flight THE NEXT DAY. This, in spite of the fact that they have multiple options open for getting me to JFK tomorrow, included a non-stop later in the day! When I tried to call--the line was busy. So now I have Travel Inc. (after a long wait) trying to see if they can change it.

What kind of pathetic IRROPS software do they use?

Very bad first impression.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip

I have an itinerary ATL-JFK tomorrow. I got email and text messages 3 hours ago that my flight had been canceled and re-scheduled. Yeah, right--rescheduled for the same flight THE NEXT DAY. This, in spite of the fact that they have multiple options open for getting me to JFK tomorrow, included a non-stop later in the day! When I tried to call--the line was busy. So now I have Travel Inc. (after a long wait) trying to see if they can change it.

Have you confirmed that JetBlue's other services from ATL to JFK will, in fact, be operating tomorrow? There's a storm predicted to hit the Northeast U.S. tomorrow.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, the travel agent did an online chat with JetBlue. The other JFK flights are flights are all normally scheduled, including ones earlier in the day from other cities, and JetBlue made the itinerary change I requested, to ATL-MCO-JFK. Their automated software just sucks. The so-called "storm" is just rain and a wintry mix--temps are mostly above freezing. Not even any strong winds.

As if that weren't enough, when I tried to checkin to the new itinerary, there were only middle seats on the ATL-MCO leg. So I sprang for a "more room" seat. Entered my card #, etc. Poof! "Your card was charged, but your selected seat was not confirmed. Please print out this receipt and see an agent." Try to print out the receipt--it suddenly disappears from the screen and I'm thrown back onto a log-in page. And I can't check in again ("see an agent"). So needless to say, tomorrow I'll have to stand in line to "see an agent."

I really have the urge to yell at a JetBlue employee. Somebody better warn the ATL staff.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hotturnip

What's Travel Inc.? Did you buy the ticket through an OLTA?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's Travel Inc.? Did you buy the ticket through an OLTA?
It's the travel agency my employer uses with Concur. Basically, they charge a steep fee for every single transaction that the Concur software does for them, and they don't actually have to do anything for it. Nice work if you can get it. That's why I called them--they never actually have to DO anything. They'll probably charge a big service fee to my employer just for talking to me on the phone. What a racket.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

So when I got to the airport to checkin today, I calmly expressed my frustration. Agent responded with, "Not our fault, it's the weather, this is how we do things, we don't book connections," etc. Every kind of excuse and no kind of apology. Made me prove to her that I paid the $25 "even more room" fee by showing her my credit card statement on the Chase website, because she couldn't see it, and I couldn't print it out because of the glitchy website.

Then of course the flight MCO-JFK had rolling delays: we boarded at one point, sat on the apron, then went back to the gate. I have to say that the on-board crew was pretty good, particularly the captain, who did a better job of keeping us informed than I've seen in ages. He even came out and got on the intercom at the gate in the terminal to let us know the ground stoppage was over and he was optimistic about finally getting to JFK. But I kept getting messages with the wrong departure time, did NOT get any notice when they were boarding (I was in the Priority Pass club), and no notice about the final departure time. Hard product and flight crews seemed fine, however.

Conclusion: like Southwest, B6 is a CF when it comes to IRROPS.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:23 pm

Ugh, Concur is the worst.

No that's not a typical experience*, but every once in awhile during a massive storm with a bunch of factors out of control (ground stops, etc.) stuff can break down. Usually though I find when the app is bugging out, JetBlue's ground staff and pilots go above and beyond in trying to communicate what's going on.

*Recently though they've been doing a bunch of back-end changes to their systems (new loyalty program, new booking engine, etc.) and it has sacked their IT reliability. Any sort of complexity (same day Mosaic change, cancel, even changing a seat) or issue and everything breaks down. Even as I'm typing this right now their site logins don't seem to be working.

Last edited by bkojote; Feb 13, 2019 at 5:35 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Return flight was largely uneventful. But dang, that cancellation was crazy. They just gave NO information. And the agent at ATL checkin was just pathetic. I HATE it when people mess up and refuse to apologize, or even admit they messed up.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
ATL-JFK? Hmmm, there might be an airline that has its HQ in ATL and flies to JFK 7 times a day, making IRROPS much easier if a single flight is canceled or delayed. I wonder who that airline could be?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
ATL-JFK? Hmmm, there might be an airline that has its HQ in ATL and flies to JFK 7 times a day, making IRROPS much easier if a single flight is canceled or delayed. I wonder who that airline could be?
ValuJet?
octr202 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Auto-rebooking is not the best on most carriers. Generally one has to do what you did and either call in or deal with it online for those carriers which have online IRROPS (rarely to be trusted). The purpose of the auto-rebook is to assure that you have something as opposed to nothing.

On the broader issue, B6 does not have interline ticketing agreements with other domestic US carriers so your alternative here was either to reroute as you did or to cancel for a full refund and then purchase a DL ticket.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:04 pm

The one with two major IT meltdowns in the past few years!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
This is the correct amount of snark.
DenverBrian and tkey75 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.