Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

When Do April 2020 Tickets Become Available For Sale?

Old Apr 26, 2019, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

We booked early this year, going back to Turks & Caicos in April 2020.

So for tickets where we fly on April 4, 2020, can someone tell me when they come up on sale? Is it at midnight on a certain day or a different hour? And how do round trips work, do I have to wait until our return leg becomes available for April 11, 2020?

Thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Free agent
Keep an eye on this thread.
JetBlue Schedule Extension Thread
It's usually about 9 months out.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:47 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
And yes, if they extend to, say, April 8, you will have to buy your outbound then and wait for the next extension to buy your homeward trip
Old May 3, 2019, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Keep an eye on this thread.
JetBlue Schedule Extension Thread
It's usually about 9 months out.
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
And yes, if they extend to, say, April 8, you will have to buy your outbound then and wait for the next extension to buy your homeward trip
Thank you both.

Are the prices at their best the moment the tickets are released or a few months/weeks thereafter? Not sure if I need to be the person up at midnight on the night the schedule opens to grab them then or if there is a better time. This will be a very popular flight but it won't sell out the first few days for sure. Thanks.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
Also watch for (as I took advantage of both of these options in the past):
1. B6 will release a schedule extension early for people who book a JetBlue Vacation, especially during the prime winter vacation season or
2. B6 will release a schedule extension early to TrueBlue members only.
boltjames likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by boltjames
Thank you both.

Are the prices at their best the moment the tickets are released or a few months/weeks thereafter? Not sure if I need to be the person up at midnight on the night the schedule opens to grab them then or if there is a better time. This will be a very popular flight but it won't sell out the first few days for sure. Thanks.
For heavy tourist routes like Turks & Caicos it can vary. My anecdotal experience is that at release, the prices are higher than normal. They drop off at about 6 months out and then build slowly up to departure time. Holiday travel is an obvious exception to this if you think this date range is going to be very popular I would check at release. If the price at release is reasonable to you, buy it. A ticket in hand is better is more reassuring than speculating in my experience. I never ever bet on ticket prices dropping anymore as I've been burned many times.
boltjames likes this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Typically, the absolute worst and most expensive time to pay cash for a ticket on any airline is 10-12 months in advance.
boltjames likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:37 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by boltjames
Thank you both.

You can wait until later in the day, but as already said, half the time they go up, half the time they go down. The only time we really worry about ticket prices is for our annual Thanksgiving trips. After suffering thru some VERY expensive flights when we waited to book, we just suck it up and buy on Day 1 and realize that we paid nearly twice that amount a few years ago when we waited.
boltjames likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.