Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Westchester To Palm Beach Flight Delay

Old May 16, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum

On Monday my flight to Palm Beach took off an hour late. After arriving over Palm Beach, there were thunder storms and we circled. Pilot says he only has enough fuel to stay for 10 minutes before diverting to Orlando to refuel.

sit on runway for an hour waiting for gate. After getting a gate we have to deplane and then pilots time out. We then sit in Orlando for another 7 hours before taking off and arriving in Palm Beach at 2:00 AM. 9 hours late

Am I entitled to compensation for a delayed flight
Old May 19, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: Free agent
I would have rented a car and sent the bill to them to fight later. You're likely not going to receive anything other than a few miles.
Old May 19, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I would definitely ask as this seems like an extenuating circumstance(not the weather but the Orlando delay part) but I also would have probably rented a car and just sent them the bill.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.