10% back on flights?

Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:40 am
Original Poster

10% back on flights?

Ok I'm totally confused by this, I've read everywhere that booking JB flights using the cc points = 10% back into account.... does this mean 10% points back? am I supposed to see this in my JB acct page? I ask b/c I booked flights about 9 months ago, flew a couple of weeks ago,and no 10% back anywhere I can see. I've called JB, and was told that the 10% back was on the initial booking,so I got 10% off on the points usage at that time....(???) I don't think that right, but finding accurate info on this is driving me crazy- any help appreciated!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:21 am

With recent changes, now when you book a flight for say 10,000 points, only 9,000 will be deducted from your account. When you booked 9 months ago though, the policy was you get 10% back after flying. You'd have 10,000 points deducted and then 1,000 given back afterwards. You should call JB back and say that the reservation was made before these new changes so you never got the rebate. They should be able to manually add them to your account/
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alegeeter
With recent changes, now when you book a flight for say 10,000 points, only 9,000 will be deducted from your account. When you booked 9 months ago though, the policy was you get 10% back after flying. You'd have 10,000 points deducted and then 1,000 given back afterwards. You should call JB back and say that the reservation was made before these new changes so you never got the rebate. They should be able to manually add them to your account/
Thanks for the reply- what a pain! I'll call them again and see what they say. If I booked for 3 people thru my acct using my points (60k) do I get the 10% on all 3,or just my own flight?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:25 pm

You should get 10% of each fare
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:58 am
KTJ

I booked 7 r/t tickets in April for 240000 points. We completed travel on dec 15th and 24k points are in my account this morning! Awesome service JetBlue.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Anyone still able to get 20% back by having both the personal and business cards?

It stopped for me a few months ago.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
That was 100% a loophole and it is indeed closed.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:56 pm

Booked this past week with points from my JB business card. Would it apply to that as well?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: United Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Six Continents Spire, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Has anyone actually seen this 10% reduction on a booking? I just booked award flights and the full points amount was deducted.
Just in case I was being shown lower rates, I used a different browser and did not login to my account - get the same point rates offered, so I don't see any upfront discount at all.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by janner34
Has anyone actually seen this 10% reduction on a booking? I just booked award flights and the full points amount was deducted.
Just in case I was being shown lower rates, I used a different browser and did not login to my account - get the same point rates offered, so I don't see any upfront discount at all.
I'm new to the Jetblue cc, but the way I see it work is you book the ticket at the points it says and once the person takes the flight, the points get refunded on that fare. So if your fare cost 10,000 points, it'll cost that much to book it and when the flight is completed, the booking will show 9,000 with the 10% included from your deduction. I don't recall how many days it takes but I think I read somewhere a few days after the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.