Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Can't find route as single ticket

Old Jan 21, 19, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry, SPG/Hilton Gold

Hi all,

I'm looking at a SEA-JFK-SYR flight in August and while each leg is available independently, I can't find it as a single itinerary. I'm thinking it's because the stopover is a crazy 11 hours outbound and 7 hours return, but with family in NYC I'm okay with these. Will I have to book as separate tickets and if so if there's a problem with one of the flights would Jetblue protect our tickets? We want to try Mint specifically on the long legs which is why I'm searching Jetblue. I'm okay calling to book if there's something phone agents can do that I am unaware of.
Old Jan 21, 19, 1:35 pm

You cannot get a single itin to show up online if the connection is over 6 hours. Let me tell you about how the connection I took in FLL over Christmas was 6 hours and 4 minutes ... you can call and book it as segments though. However you won't get extra points for booking online and you will pay the phone booking fee.

Also if you are booking mixed class tickets you are often better to book separately anyways as the pricing for the non-mint leg is insane if you book as all one trip. As for protecting your flights, I am not sure what the official policy is.
Old Jan 21, 19, 5:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat / LTG, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist-in-exile, HHonors Gold, AA Plat, Nat'l Exec
If connection time is in fact the issue, couldn't you just use the multi-city tool? That will let you book up to 4 trips on one PNR.
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry, SPG/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dtremit View Post
If connection time is in fact the issue, couldn't you just use the multi-city tool? That will let you book up to 4 trips on one PNR.
It looks like that allows me to build a single PNR, but this tool doesn't allow me to purchase Mint, it only shows economy. Because the JFK-SYR is economy-only I tried using the multi city tool for just SEA-JFK-SEA and it still won't provide an option for Mint.

However, I did manage to find SEA-BOS-SYR // SYR-JFK-SEA on ITA and will try the Book With Matrix plugin once I'm ready to buy and see if that works.
Old Jan 24, 19, 3:53 pm

Programs: MR PE, DL DM (sigh) MM (!), HTZ PC, SPG PPG, Le Club Silver (maybe?), 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
jetblue.com can't even book a simple open-jaw in Mint (eg: JFK-SAN/LAX-JFK). It's as though they did the bare minimum implementation when Mint was introduced. ("One way and round trip? Check! What else would anyone ever want to book!")
Old Feb 14, 19, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by bennos View Post
jetblue.com can't even book a simple open-jaw in Mint (eg: JFK-SAN/LAX-JFK). It's as though they did the bare minimum implementation when Mint was introduced. ("One way and round trip? Check! What else would anyone ever want to book!")
Yeah their website sucks. I tried to book a one-way PDX-JFK-ATL, in April and it kept giving me an error message. Apparently, you can't fly ATL-PDX in April due to the limited flights to PDX, but PDX-ATL is doable since it's a redeye and connects to an excellent connecting flight from JFK to ATL in the morning. Eventually, I gave up with the website and booked it via Travelocity. My Jetblue PNR was then emailed to me, which I used to select seats, etc on their website. Jetblue is trying to drive people towards booking on their website over OTAs (I tried to support them), but their website issues aren't helping.
Old Feb 14, 19, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG Plat / LTG, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist-in-exile, HHonors Gold, AA Plat, Nat'l Exec
I wonder if you could book the PNR on the website in economy and then upfare the Mint segments over the phone? Not that you should have to, of course. But you'd still be within the 24 hour window if it didn't work...