Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Free Checked Bags - jetBlue Plus CC

Old Jan 18, 19, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Just booked a blue fare RT flight for 6 people (myself included). Although the T&C of the CC indicate that I am entitled to one free checked bag for me and up to three companions, the e-mail confirm and my JB account indicate that each flyer is entitled to one free bag. I assume we will only get a total of 4 free bags and since they don't know which travelers will actually bring a bag that needs to be checked they show the one free bag next to each traveler. I suspect once we check in, any bags above 4 will incur a fee.

Is that the way you all see it or do they sometimes allow one free checked bag for more than 3 companions?

Thanks.

Last edited by mgiannetto; Jan 18, 19 at 7:56 am
Old Jan 18, 19, 7:38 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

Your reading of the T&Cs are correct. Theoretically, you're only allowed to check up to 4 bags total for free. If they don't charge you during OLCI though for the 5th-Nth bag you shouldn't have to pay at the airport. I don't recall anyone reporting on this in the past here.

If they try to charge you at OLCI, you could always bring a printout of the website and see if they will waive. Might be worth a shot.