Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Cancelling JetBlue Card Prior to Travel Date - Free Checked Bag Honored?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

I applied for the JetBlue Plus card a while back and am now coming up for renewal, where I plan to close the account. However, I have a flight several months after my anniversary/closing date and I booked a Blue class ticket which gave me 1 checked bag free as a benefit of the CC (without the card, I wouldn't get a free checked bag). When I cancel, will this benefit no longer be honored although it appears in the confirmation email sent upon booking?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Believe it's a cardholder benefit, not a benefit if one had the card when booking. But I'm sure others will chime in.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
You must be an active card member at the time of the flight, for the benefit to apply.

Excerpt from The Terms & Conditions you should have received with your card

Free First Checked Bag
... For benefit to apply, the Account must be open seven (7) days prior to air travel AND reservation must include the primary cardmember's TrueBlue membership account number seven (7) days prior to air travel. If your Account is closed for any reason, these benefits will be cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.