Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Mosaic no seats assigned question

Old Dec 6, 18, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Iím new to Mosaic so Iím wondering how this works. 3 of us are traveling together, we switched our flight to a different day for next week and the only seats left are EMS. What are our chances of getting seats together when they assign at the gate? There are a couple of rows up front still available and all of the exit row seats but one of our travelers is too young to sit in exit row. I used a lot of points to switch to the new flight and donít want to use another 1500 for EMS seats but donít want to stress over getting seats together either. Do they move people around to accommodate mosaic travelers?
Old Dec 6, 18, 6:04 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

No, they will not move people around to accommodate Mosaics. If sitting together is important to you, then pay the 1,500 points and be done with it. With a flight that full, the chances of 3 people sitting together based on a complimentary upgrade are small, but it's possible. Keep in mind that additional seats may still be sold for the flight, people may upgrade to EMS from regular seats, and that you may not be the only Mosaic on the flight angling for an upgrade to EMS.

If you don't want to spend the points, your best bet is to arrive as early as possible to maximize your chances of getting an EMS seat and ideally getting them adjacent to one another. Often what happens in these situations where the flight is close to full is that you end up with a bunch of random middle EMS seats, but it depends on a whole host of factors, many of which end up having to do with luck.
Old Dec 6, 18, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks so much. You’re right, there are lot of middle seats open in EMS. Still deciding what to do. It’s a gamble I guess
Old Dec 6, 18, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
The response from AutoSlash was completely on point, and a whole lot nicer than mine would have been. Do they move other people around to accommodate Mosaics? Seriously?

leonger and diburning like this.
Old Dec 6, 18, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CKinMD View Post
The response from AutoSlash was completely on point, and a whole lot nicer than mine would have been. Do they move other people around to accommodate Mosaics? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. They move people around for other things. Iíve seen them move people to accommodate a companion animal, so why not?
Old Dec 8, 18, 8:45 am
2018 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
There are blocked rows for special assignment (in this order) ADA accommodations, Unaccompanied minors, and then if any seats are still open in the blocked rows, and then what's left is released for airport assignment for families. Usually the first two groups are nonexistent, so there's a good chance that JetBlue can seat all of you together in the very last row.
Old Dec 8, 18, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diburning View Post
There are blocked rows for special assignment (in this order) ADA accommodations, Unaccompanied minors, and then if any seats are still open in the blocked rows, and then what's left is released for airport assignment for families. Usually the first two groups are nonexistent, so there's a good chance that JetBlue can seat all of you together in the very last row.

Last row 😂. Wow, so glad to be mosaic
Old Dec 8, 18, 7:26 pm
2018 Secret Santa

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Please tell me about any other airline's elite programs where they will let you displace someone else so that a top tier elite and their family can sit together.

This is not a published benefit, and not all agents will do it, but if you go up to the podium at the gate and ask nicely, the agent may be able to seat you all together (if available) in Even More Space with the fee waived because you're a Mosaic. But again, this is not a published benefit, and gate agents are not obligated to do this although some of them will.
klanfa and Sallycat like this.
Old Today, 10:24 am
Original Poster

I don’t know other elite program rules because I’m only Mosaic I didn’t expect people to be moved around for us and don’t even need to be in even more space seats. Our flight has rows of 3 together in exit rows. One of us is under 15 so I don’t think they’ll will allow us to sit there. I wondered if maybe they would bump a person to a different seat, possibly closer to the front, so we could sit together, Doesn’t matter now, I assigned our seats