Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Daytime or Nighttime Mint Transcon Flight Opinions

Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

My wife and I will be flying transcon flight from SEA to JFK and have the option of day or night mint flight with a 6 month old. What makes the most sense? Opinions? Night time is redeye so may make sense from sleeping schedule standpoint, though there are a few time zones change.....thoughts?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:40 am

With a baby, I would aim for the night flight. When flying with my little guy (he's 3 now) he would sleep for a long stretch on a redeye which made it much easier.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:12 am

Everyone in the cabin is going to try to sleep, so if your 6 month old is crying it's going to be really unpleasant.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Given the choice I would always take a day flight (or even a flight that gets in before midnight but I guess moving a sleeping baby isn't ideal) as the red eyes are usually too short to get any decent sleep and you arrive early morning groggy. I'd rather get to my destination earlier and sleep properly.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I think it depends on your baby's sleeping habits. If you think he or she will sleep through the redeye comfortably, then that may be your best bet. Transcons are never long enough for adults to get a sufficient night sleep. You're lucky if you get 3.5 hours uninterrupted.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bkojote
Everyone in the cabin is going to try to sleep, so if your 6 month old is crying it's going to be really unpleasant.
Yes, please do be considerate, and for the sake of the others on board, fly during the day. I book a Mint redeye when I really need to be able to sleep so I can go into work first thing the next day. Taking the chance of inflicting a crying baby on dozens of other sleepy people in close proximity all night is just unkind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.