Young sisters flying together on JetBlue

Old Dec 2, 18, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 1.7MM miler
Young sisters flying together on JetBlue

I have 3 daughters flying together on a non-stop flight later this month - they are 15yo, 12yo, and 9yo. JetBlue requires an unaccompanied minor fee for kids 5-14yo. Earlier today, I called up JetBlue and asked whether my 12yo and 9yo need to pay the UM fee while they are travelling with their 15yo sister. The agent said that if all three are booked on the same flight, there is no fee required. I'm glad for this answer but just wondering if anyone have any first hand experience with JetBlue around this situation?
Old Dec 2, 18, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ExpertSkier View Post
I have 3 daughters flying together on a non-stop flight later this month - they are 15yo, 12yo, and 9yo. JetBlue requires an unaccompanied minor fee for kids 5-14yo. Earlier today, I called up JetBlue and asked whether my 12yo and 9yo need to pay the UM fee while they are travelling with their 15yo sister. The agent said that if all three are booked on the same flight, there is no fee required. I'm glad for this answer but just wondering if anyone have any first hand experience with JetBlue around this situation?
Definitely book them on the same PNR (i.e. book all 3 tickets together). Maybe try messaging JetBlue on Twitter or Facebook so that you have it in writing. If an airport agent decides to charge a fee you'd have written record stating otherwise.
Old Dec 2, 18, 11:27 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

If they are booked on the same reservation and the fee is not charged at the time of booking, you're good-to-go.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 3, 18, 8:39 am

Programs: JB,VA,UA,,USA,DL,AA
Get in writing just to be on the safe side. You can send them an e-mail requesting this info. They are pretty good about answering their e-mails or do an instant chat. But always get it in writing.
Old Dec 12, 18, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic
On another note, since they are not traveling as UMs, that means the airline isn't responsible for them in the event of a delay or other issue. So I would suggest making sure the 15 year old has a good plan in place in case something unexpected should happen (i.e. a diversion, cancelled flight, etc.)

Search this Thread