Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Perks for LGA-BOS Shuttle Service?

Old Nov 13, 18, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist

It used to be that JetBlue offered free coffee at the Au Bon Pain in BOS near Gate C11, and at the World Bean in LGA -- however, both terminals have replaced their respective coffee shops with new restaurants. Does a JetBlue Boarding Pass still get you a free coffee at the new locations?

Pardon my ignorance here -- most of my shuttle service flights are booked through our corporate booking portal, and it means that I never get the emails from jetblue that explain the shuttle benefits.
Old Nov 14, 18, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Found out on my flight today that the new perk in LGA is free coffee at the new Dunkin' Donuts; no word yet on how it works at BOS, though I'm guessing it'll be at Cosi.
Old Nov 15, 18, 12:57 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I could have sworn that the Au Bon Pain was still there when I walked past it today.

I wish JetBlue would simply cut out the contractor and have a complimentary coffee station at the gate like how Delta does for their shuttle.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Nov 16, 18, 2:39 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ
Was in the mid-C wing tonight, and Au Bon Pain definitely gone, with Cosi in its place (had a salad there, but didn't note if they had coffee). There's still that Dunkin' station somewhere in C isn't there?
Old Nov 16, 18, 6:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Is this just BOS-LGA?

if yes, why? What’s the history / competitive need to offer coffe to LGA but not other routes?
Old Nov 16, 18, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The coffee issue arises from DL and AA which both market what they term a "shuttle". Once upon a time, this meant something. For example, DL did not offer reservations, but guaranteed a seat and advertised that it would roll out a second or third section of a Shuttle for one passenger.

Now, DL and AA offer a later gate time (e.g. T-5 instead of T-15) and a free beer or whatever. Having coffee at the gate is simply a nice touch and helps to perpetuate a brand which isn't really there anymore. B6 offering coffee at or near the gate is sort of the same thing, although having to line up to buy a coffee and show a BP for the credit defeats the "walk up" nature of the experience.
Old Nov 16, 18, 9:47 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
I wonder if the ABP closing has to do with their acquisition by Panera.
Old Nov 17, 18, 5:09 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by Sallycat View Post
I wonder if the ABP closing has to do with their acquisition by Panera.
Off topic: I did not know Panera bought ABP. Thanks for the info. I was just thinking what was the difference between the two companies; they seem so similar.
Old Nov 21, 18, 9:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic, Southwest A-List
I took the shuttle last week and got an email saying Dunkin Donuts with valid boarding pass. My return was to JFK otherwise I probably would have gotten the BOS notice too.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: