Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue eliminates all IAD- Dulles service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

As someone who lives close to IAD, this isn't good news for me.

https://wtop.com/business-finance/20...e-flights-too/
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Part of a relatively significant route network shake-up. IAD, DAB and STX all disappear. PWM goes seasonal. Several FLL routes are also dead.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...1009005860/en/
https://paxex.aero/2018/10/jetblue-route-changes-2019/

In exchange for those cuts the Caribbean gets more service and FLL gets a PHX flight while losing LGB.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
Ouch!

That explains why the JFK > IAD round trip that I was about to book suddenly disappeared.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:16 pm
BCH

They cancelled a roundtrip I had booked for February and put me on a connecting flight that takes 6 hours longer (with layovers). What are my options besides keeping the new route or canceling altogether? My currently-available options on other airlines are no longer as competitively priced.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by BCH
They cancelled a roundtrip I had booked for February and put me on a connecting flight that takes 6 hours longer (with layovers). What are my options besides keeping the new route or canceling altogether? My currently-available options on other airlines are no longer as competitively priced.
Are you flying around President's Day? I could understand high demand around then in February but the rest of the month, and if you are flexible with dates, there should be low fares so far out, on other carriers.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by BCH
What are my options besides keeping the new route or canceling altogether?
Not taking the trip.

Really no requirement from the carrier to book you on another airline.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You have not provided the original routing, so will presume that it is a domestic ticket. As B6 does not interline with any other US carrier, your options are to fly the new ticket, find something better on B6, or take a refund and purchase a new ticket on another carrier (or cancel the trip).

Check your travel insurance to see what it may cover of your additional expenses.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
When ever this has happened they are pretty flexible to put you on any routing you want from any Co-located cities, is there DCA service?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Plenty of UA flights to choose from at IAD..Your fine.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:11 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
Plenty of UA flights to choose from at IAD..Your fine.
United's IAD-NYC service is not the same caliber as JetBlue but yes, begger's can't be choosers.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Nov 2, 2018 at 7:11 pm
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: Free agent
United's IAD-EWR service adds about an hour and a half to my travel time. I'll stick with the Acela.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
would love to see DCA-JFK out of this, I have gone to IAD a few times so I can get a Mint connecting flight. Connecting in Boston to go to California is a bit silly.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
would love to see DCA-JFK out of this,
I wouldn't bet on that. JetBlue's DCA slots are limited and that route sees significantly lower fares/yields than LGA-DCA. Plus, JetBlue would generally prefer passengers who are not connecting over those who are.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:22 pm

I'm curious about the aircraft now. Because I have claustrophobia issues, I've been going to BWI for direct flights to FLL because of the larger plane. Now that that route is no longer, I am wondering if they will begin routing A320/A321 through DCA instead? All the flights out of there seem to be E190.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:30 am

Well, the good news is at some point E90s will get replaced by A220s, which is probably the roomiest aircraft out there. Not sure if they will upgauge DCA flights though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.