Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TrueBlue points valuation?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:17 am
Original Poster

TrueBlue points valuation?

Hello. From my own redemptions and from reading the various bloggers, I've always thought of JetBlue points being worth around 1.3¢ each. My last redemption, though, was only 1¢ (a nearly-full Mint flight). I'm pricing out a trip right now between JFK and Phoenix at Christmastime and seeing the same thing – my points are worth 1¢ versus the cash fare. Is there some rhyme or reason to this? It's really annoying for these points to be worth 30% less than I've been thinking they were worth... What am I missing here?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by briannaherrfnerr
Hello. From my own redemptions and from reading the various bloggers, I've always thought of JetBlue points being worth around 1.3¢ each. My last redemption, though, was only 1¢ (a nearly-full Mint flight). I'm pricing out a trip right now between JFK and Phoenix at Christmastime and seeing the same thing – my points are worth 1¢ versus the cash fare. Is there some rhyme or reason to this? It's really annoying for these points to be worth 30% less than I've been thinking they were worth... What am I missing here?
TrueBlue points tend to be worth less for higher fare classes (i.e. more expensive flights).
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:46 am

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, FlyingBlue, Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
What klanfa said is correct. The Points Guy wrote a great article about the worth of TrueBlue points a couple of years ago but I believe the points breakdown is still relevant today: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/max...etblue-mosaic/
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by klanfa
TrueBlue points tend to be worth less for higher fare classes (i.e. more expensive flights).
Yeah I've gotten $.02 redemptions on for cheapflights .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.