TrueBlue points valuation?

Old Oct 31, 18, 11:17 am
Original Poster

TrueBlue points valuation?

Hello. From my own redemptions and from reading the various bloggers, I've always thought of JetBlue points being worth around 1.3 each. My last redemption, though, was only 1 (a nearly-full Mint flight). I'm pricing out a trip right now between JFK and Phoenix at Christmastime and seeing the same thing my points are worth 1 versus the cash fare. Is there some rhyme or reason to this? It's really annoying for these points to be worth 30% less than I've been thinking they were worth... What am I missing here?
Old Oct 31, 18, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by briannaherrfnerr View Post
Hello. From my own redemptions and from reading the various bloggers, I've always thought of JetBlue points being worth around 1.3 each. My last redemption, though, was only 1 (a nearly-full Mint flight). I'm pricing out a trip right now between JFK and Phoenix at Christmastime and seeing the same thing my points are worth 1 versus the cash fare. Is there some rhyme or reason to this? It's really annoying for these points to be worth 30% less than I've been thinking they were worth... What am I missing here?
TrueBlue points tend to be worth less for higher fare classes (i.e. more expensive flights).
Old Nov 10, 18, 3:46 am

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, Aeroplan, Mileage Plan, HHonors, AAdvantage
What klanfa said is correct. The Points Guy wrote a great article about the worth of TrueBlue points a couple of years ago but I believe the points breakdown is still relevant today: https://thepointsguy.com/2016/03/max...etblue-mosaic/
Old Nov 11, 18, 10:07 am

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by klanfa View Post
TrueBlue points tend to be worth less for higher fare classes (i.e. more expensive flights).
Yeah I've gotten $.02 redemptions on for cheapflights .

Search this Thread