FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Carryon sizes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1936030-carryon-sizes.html)

hsmama Oct 17, 2018 8:39 am

Carryon sizes

I haven't flown JB in many years, usually SWA domestic...they're easy for luggage etc- how strict is JB on carryon size re" wheels etc? flying out of BOS and my usual carryon is taller than JB rules (!) b/c of the wheels.... should I just get another bag-? or will they let me take it on? any experiences?

Often1 Oct 17, 2018 9:03 am

The rules are the rules.

Whether an individual agent enforces them is something which can't be answered. Plan on B6 requiring you to gate check you bag and have a small sack to hold valuables and medications in case.

The dimensions include handles and wheels.

AutoSlash Oct 17, 2018 11:04 am

In my personal experience, JetBlue is significantly more lenient than some other airlines (looking at you AA) in this area. You'll probably be fine if your bag is not overstuffed and can easily fit in the overhead. Generally if you can make it past security with the bag, you're at least not going to have to pay to check it. If there isn't room in the overhead, you may have to gate check it, but at least that's a free service.

hsmama Oct 18, 2018 8:05 am

Got it- thanks for the replies- Yeah after we take our JB flight we hop onto a AA flight...but their dimensions on the site are a bit larger, JB seems be the smallest one I have to be concerned about. I've never had problems taking these thru security lines before, when they give dimensions, are they strict on the overall dimensions,or the LxWxH rules?

TastyPlaneEats Oct 18, 2018 6:25 pm

There is usually a bag sizer by the gate that you can try to fit your bag into.

tphuang Oct 19, 2018 10:13 am

I've found them to be pretty lenient.

gengar Oct 19, 2018 10:41 am

Originally Posted by hsmama (Post 30328406)
Got it- thanks for the replies- Yeah after we take our JB flight we hop onto a AA flight...but their dimensions on the site are a bit larger, JB seems be the smallest one I have to be concerned about. I've never had problems taking these thru security lines before, when they give dimensions, are they strict on the overall dimensions,or the LxWxH rules?

Looking at the B6/AA websites, the carry-on size limit is the same - 22 x 14 x 9. The personal item size limit differs, but not by much - 18 x 14 x 8 on AA vs 17 x 13 x 8 on B6.

hoffmich45 Oct 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Lenient is an understatement. I fly B6 regularly and have never seen anybody not allowed to bring on their bag because of size. If the overheads are full, they gate check everyone's bag.

Brighton Line Oct 19, 2018 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by hoffmich45 (Post 30333770)
Lenient is an understatement. I fly B6 regularly and have never seen anybody not allowed to bring on their bag because of size. If the overheads are full, they gate check everyone's bag.

If the flight is full, they start asking for 25 volunteers to gate check before they even begin boarding/

RoughAir Oct 26, 2018 8:24 pm

Just flew on JB from JFK to MCO on Oct 24. I had a group E boarding pass and everyone boarding with a group E boarding pass had their bags tagged and taken from them regardless of the size. They were delivered on the luggage belts at MCO. They asked for luggage volunteers but everyone with a group E board had their bags checked.