Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Where to Sit EMS - A321 Core/A321 Mint

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Hello, apologies if this has been asked but I searched and searched. I am flying JFK-LAS, A321/Mint on the way out and A321/Core on the way back. As much as I would like to try Mint, I think EMS will be more cost effective. I read via SeatGuru and other sources that EMS seats give you 4-8 inches more legroom. As I recently had a blood clot in my leg from flying more legroom is a priority for me, so where are the best seats to sit in EMS on the two versions of the A321. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: JB,VA,UA,,USA,DL,AA
For me personally I like row 6. No seats in front so I can get up and stand and stretch my legs even do a little walk around. You must be able to deal with the emergency exit if need be. My last 6 flights (JFK-LAS) have been in those seats and have found it to be way more comfortable and relaxing also because no one in front to slam their seat back.

My only issue is even though you get Boarding group A we have never had any overhead space at all even for my purse. Tons of people board before group A and they just dump their stuff as soon as they can. One time had a non-rev in the same row as us and he used the entire overhead (he had his I.D. around his neck, so no guess as to who he was).

Next flight I am going Mint in seat 2F just to try it and got a good deal.
gernabae likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Interesting. Thanks for the perspective. So in your opinion, if I were to choose Row 6, it would be in my best interest to just check my bag? Or would I be forced to walk it back a few rows. Usually travel with standard compliant rollaboard and backpack.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by gernabae
Interesting. Thanks for the perspective. So in your opinion, if I were to choose Row 6, it would be in my best interest to just check my bag? Or would I be forced to walk it back a few rows. Usually travel with standard compliant rollaboard and backpack.
Definitely don't pay for a checked bag. I've never had issues storing my hand luggage, though I normally take the window-in-the-back road to group B.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Given that I would like to get up multiple times inflight to do some standing, stretching, etc, is 6A/6F able to get to the aisle without having to disturb seat-mates? Or would I be better off in 6C/6D?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:10 pm

Don't pay to check bag, wait until at gate and see if they start asking people to gate check (free). The problem is the gate agents and or flight attendants don't follow their own rules. People drag their entire house on and no one says a word to them. But I digress. Row 6 is very comfortable and spacious so go for it - I'm sure you can find overhead space somewhere. I will not put my purse where I can;t see it as all my money and credit cards and stuff is in it.

If you have 2 pieces both must go up as there is no seat in front of you to put under a seat. I'm sot sure how the other EMS seats are to be able to stretch out but depending how tall you are might be fine.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:15 pm

I have sat in both aisle and window seat and have never had an issue getting up. With no one in front of you there is no reason seat mates have to move. Just stand up and move ahead.
gernabae likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:53 am
Original Poster

What about the non Mint A321? I assume this will be a different ballgame, and this will be a redeye flight back east.

Great information so far, thank you so much.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:12 am

Sorry can't help you with that. I've been taking the A321 with Mint. What you can do is check SeatGuru. Input airline, flight # and date it will give you reviews of the seats - which are good which are bad. It's not the bible but a reasonable insight. Some reviews are really pretty accurate and some people just like to complain about anything.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Yeah I usually check SeatGuru but to be honest with you I get the stock "4-8 inches of extra legroom."
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:39 am

6A is my favorite 'core' seat in the jetBlue A321t with Mint. You can easily get up and not disturb your neighbor (though you'll have to lift up your tray table or wiggle around it), and legroom is infinite. 6F also isn't a bad second choice though you'll be facing the FA for takeoff/landing, and you will have a line of sight into the bathroom.

Only downsides are there isn't much personal storage or 'shelf space' as you have only the tiny pouch against the wall, which is enough for a tablet and a couple small items. It also gets slightly chilly by your feet with the emergency exit so bring a blanket or buy one on board. I've found that after takeoff the FA's usually offer to bring your bags down and there's plenty of floor space for them after takeoff, and they'll find space for your bags if you're having trouble. If you luck out and get an empty middle seat it's a pretty darn comfy way to go.

Further back, rows 7-10 are all about the same and there's plenty of legroom. If you plan on getting up to stretch choose an aisle seat. They're all great seats. (I've heard of issues back by the emergency exits way back so I've never selected them.)

On a non-Mint A321 I usually do rows 2-5, and they're about the same too.
gernabae likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.