Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

List of changes to JetBlue in the past 30 days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of changes to JetBlue in the past 30 days

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by hi55us
How long until they make big changes to True Blue/Mosaic...
I would be very surprised if we don't have an announcement before the end of 2019.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 1:30 pm

They seem to be making Mosaic more exclusive and have been trying to up the service. I think it'd be a double whammy if they cut benefits.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Here's hoping they make the move to close Jetblue's Boston Priority Pass Lounge that is infested with mice.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I would be very surprised if we don't have an announcement before the end of 2019.
What benefits do you expect them to cut? The biggest benefit of Mosaic is free cancellation--except it's not really a refund, it goes into travel bank and you have 1 year to use it (which can easily get awkward if you travel for both business & leisure). Southwest offers this cancellation policy to ALL passengers, just like they also give 2 free checked bags to everyone.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mosaic,and I'll be glad to see them stop giving this status to most (all?) of their corp customers and add some real benefits. Aside from the cancel fees and free drinks onboard, we still have to pay just to get EMS seats(!) something that's given to DL, AA & UA elites--along with the possibility of first class upgrade (not an option for Mint).

Again, I like Mosaic because I like JetBlue, but it would be insane for them to reduce the few benefits offered.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by DrivingRain
Here's hoping they make the move to close Jetblue's Boston Priority Pass Lounge that is infested with mice.
It's not run by Jetblue
Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by moulder3
we still have to pay just to get EMS seats(!) something that's given to DL, AA & UA elites--along with the possibility of first class upgrade (not an option for Mint).
Mint upgrades would be nice... EMS is free at Counter Check-in or Gate.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
I(The BOS Priority Pass Lounge) is not run by Jetblue
....sure, and Airspace Lounge was owned and operated by Swissport and is mentioned throughout this thread.

Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
Mint upgrades would be nice... EMS is free at Counter Check-in or Gate.
As an Alaska MVP Gold, United Silver, and that Delta/Starwood crossover platinum, I'm totally happy with JetBlue's upgrade policy.

The cost for an EMS seat is negligible (at most ~1000 points and then a 200 point rebate). In exchange for that I have the exact seat I want at time of booking and am not playing the upgrade guessing game. It also means an empty middle seat a lot of the time and the ability to snag one while doing a same day change (another awesome perk of Mosaic.)

Sure there's no free upgrades to Mint (though I've seen some Mosaics get upgraded) , but that would mean devaluing Mint in some form (Delta One had its meal courses cut, Alaska cut the snack basket for awhile and is now zeroing out U inventory, etc) or changing the model to match the legacy carriers of charging an arm and a leg to make up for the flyers who get upgraded (which I don't think JetBlue can do.)
Old Oct 15, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: Free agent
I am happy as well, you want to sit up there? Pay for it.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Looks like B6 is winding down operations, I can only hope that whomever takes them over (Probably either AS, F9, or UA) will treat the employees well. It's been a good ride all but nothing can last forever I guess.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016
Looks like B6 is winding down operations, I can only hope that whomever takes them over (Probably either AS, F9, or UA) will treat the employees well. It's been a good ride all but nothing can last forever I guess.
What are you talking about?
https://seekingalpha.com/article/421...-remains-cheap

JetBlue Airways reported year-over-year September 2018 increases in revenue passenger miles and available seat miles of 18.5% and 19.3%, respectively.

With the continued rebounding of the U.S. economy, airline activity is expected to see consistent growth, which was evident from another busy month for JetBlue and other airlines.

Earnings growth will allow JetBlue to further invest in expanding capacity, which will allow the company to accommodate the additional flyers as the economy continues to improve.

JetBlue recently announced fee increases to offset rising fuel prices and lower ticket prices in an effort to drive revenue higher.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 6:53 am

He is oblivious to reality. JetBlue is growing more than any other non-ULCC domestic airlines this year and have at least publicly stated that they will have same growth next year. And somehow, they are still not growing enough.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Free agent
He's a troll and not a good one.
diburning likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.