Wiki Posts
Search

How to Book AUS - SWF

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
How to Book AUS - SWF

Google Flights shows really good fares on this routing through FLL. However, I can't book this pairing online or when I call JetBlue.

Presumably this is because Jetblue wants people or assumes people will fly AUS-JFK directly and wouldn't need this pairing. But the pairing is good for me because I have a second home near SWF.

Does anyone know a workaround to book?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Is the fare you are finding a through-fare, or a fare constructed by adding the two segments together? You might have to book this as two separate tickets if you cannot get the itinerary to fare as a single ticket.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Is the fare you are finding a through-fare, or a fare constructed by adding the two segments together? You might have to book this as two separate tickets if you cannot get the itinerary to fare as a single ticket.
Not sure! .. If you go to Google Flights and look up AUS - SWF, you'll see that it IS pricing somehow. And its usually cheaper than the other airlines that serve this route. It's getting that pricing *somewhere*.

Two separate tickets are far more expensive then what Google is showing.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Expedia seems to be offering the B6 FLL connection for sale, as well as itineraries on AA and DL which are pricing even lower than B6 -- at least for the random Wednesday in October that I checked.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Expedia seems to be offering the B6 FLL connection for sale, as well as itineraries on AA and DL which are pricing even lower than B6 -- at least for the random Wednesday in October that I checked.
Thank you, I will try Expedia next time I need to book.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

ITA shows B6 512->B6 536 as a valid routing/connection time and a single fare component (I used 2 OCT as the travel date) for $178. No reason I can see that JetBlue won't sell you this trip, but it won't. Neither will BlueInc which often gets around some of the connecting itinerary quirks.

Expedia/Travelocity/Orbitz are all the same booking engine and are pricing it at $750ish which appears to be end-on-end. Priceline is offering the $178 fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.