FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Amazing service recovery... if you ask for it (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1926656-amazing-service-recovery-if-you-ask.html)

redct Aug 22, 2018 10:04 am

Amazing service recovery... if you ask for it

Was headed out on a short BOS-DCA hop this morning and roll up to the airport to be greeted with a whole stack of flight change alerts in my email. 2 hour delay... delay revoked... 2 hour delay... 1h45 delay... 2h15 delay... and so on. Grumbling, I get on flightaware and start checking my plane’s inbound flights. With growing horror, I keep clicking on “show inbound flight” and: BOS-DCA is delayed because inbound PHL-BOS is delayed because outbound BOS-PHL hasn’t departed yet, which was supposed to leave at 7AM! If I were flying Delta, by this point I’m sure the app would have given me 27 alternate itineraries ranging from the next nonstop to a 3-connection rerouting involving 2 trips to ATL.

All kidding aside, the gate agents basically shrugged at me and said “sorry, it’s delayed.” I asked about alternate flights and got another shrug, saying that I could standby for a later flight but he would recommend just waiting for the delayed flight. This didn’t quite sit right with me, so I called up customer service. They immediately apologized, confirmed me on the next flight (which they checked was on time along with the inbound flight), and stuck me in an EMS seat to boot!

A+ for phone service, just wish the gate staff were more proactive.

hi55us Aug 22, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah I've had horrible experience recently with the GAs in Boston. Was on a Boston-Seattle flight and the person working on the terminal at the gate kept saying, "I'm not the gate agent for this flight" to a line of about 20 people. Then the same employee suddenly became the gate agent and told everyone that they need to talk to the "Get Help" desk unless they are waiting on a seat assignment. Of course the get help desk had another 20+ person line. Why the employee in question had everyone standing and waiting for 20 minutes only to turn us away was beyond me. I ended up getting a $200 voucher for my severely delayed flight, but Jet Blue could have been a lot more helpful.

diburning Aug 23, 2018 2:38 am

I was on a flight that ended up getting delayed 10 hours due to weather. As soon as my flight boarded, they gave me a $100 voucher, and I didn't even have to ask. They also didn't have to give me anything since it was weather related.

Brighton Line Aug 23, 2018 7:08 am

Originally Posted by hi55us (Post 30115900)
Of course the get help desk had another 20+ person line.

Standard procedure no matter the airline, stand online and wait on hold at the same time I would think. I've even been on phone with an agent before the flight listed as mechanical and just asked them to wait 30 seconds and yup got on the next flight from my seat before deplaneing started.

hi55us Aug 23, 2018 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Brighton Line (Post 30119545)
Standard procedure no matter the airline, stand online and wait on hold at the same time I would think. I've even been on phone with an agent before the flight listed as mechanical and just asked them to wait 30 seconds and yup got on the next flight from my seat before deplaneing started.

Agreed, I did the same. but the wait times where 2+ hours.

The delay of the aircraft was because of weather, but Jet Blue kept pushing the delay back an hour before cancelling it at midnight and rescheduling it for 5:30am. I wouldn't have complained if they cancelled it at 6pm.