Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Question about Mint seats and service in general...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about Mint seats and service in general...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Mentioning this one as a funny story ...

The other night I was standing at the Seattle Mint/Mosaic line waiting for a free agent. A fellow gets into the regular line next to it, turns to me after a minute or so, saying in a magnanimous tone: "You can go next, we aren't ready yet (his companion was doing some sort of last minute re-arranging off to the side)."
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I had a midnight arrival into LAX back in April and took a private car service to Anaheim as none of the shuttles were running that late. It was really quick I want to say we got there in less than 35 minutes. I normally would fly into LGB as it is much closer and has less traffic but in this instance I was coming from Chicago so I flew Southwest. Have fun at Disneyland!
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I had a midnight arrival into LAX back in April and took a private car service to Anaheim as none of the shuttles were running that late. It was really quick I want to say we got there in less than 35 minutes. I normally would fly into LGB as it is much closer and has less traffic but in this instance I was coming from Chicago so I flew Southwest. Have fun at Disneyland!
What car service did you use?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Flying Jet Blue biz JFK-LAX (using AA miles) in a couple of weeks. My second JetBlue flight ever (first was 10 yrs ago), first Mint experience. The “throne” seats are already booked, as is all of row 3 so my choice is row 1 or row 5.

Seat Guru indicates row 1 is less desirable due to light and noise from galley and bathrooms in front of row 1. Some reviews state row 5 is less desirable due to light and noise from galley and bathrooms behind row 5. One review stated the footwells in rows 1, 3 and 5 are wider than the throne seats but I couldn’t find anything about footwell width being different in rows 1, 3 and/or 5.

I’m hoping the experts here can clear up my confusion. Thank you.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 11:36 pm

The footwells in row 1 are as wide as the seats, I prefer them to rows 3 and 5.

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Flying Jet Blue biz JFK-LAX (using AA miles) in a couple of weeks. My second JetBlue flight ever (first was 10 yrs ago), first Mint experience. The “throne” seats are already booked, as is all of row 3 so my choice is row 1 or row 5.

Seat Guru indicates row 1 is less desirable due to light and noise from galley and bathrooms in front of row 1. Some reviews state row 5 is less desirable due to light and noise from galley and bathrooms behind row 5. One review stated the footwells in rows 1, 3 and 5 are wider than the throne seats but I couldn’t find anything about footwell width being different in rows 1, 3 and/or 5.

Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy, Choice Hotels, Hilton

I would choose 5F, then 5A if there are no single suite options and row 3 is booked. The lavatory is behind 5A/5C. 5F is furthest away and you're kinda tucked out of the way. Avoid row 1 due to light and noise.

Check daily to see if those single suite options have an open seat as sometimes customers cancel or change flights. There's no extra fee for those seats and if it's open, you can snag one.
Dr Jabadski and corky like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:21 pm

ExpertFlyer has an alerting service that checks for specific seat openings.

Originally Posted by PAflyer73
Check daily to see if those single suite options have an open seat as sometimes customers cancel or change flights. There's no extra fee for those seats and if it's open, you can snag one.
corky likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am in the same boat. I am flying Jet Blue for the first time in 10 years and also using AA miles for a Mint seat JFK-LAX (5;40pm) in June. At this point my flight is still on hold & waiting for me to purchase it.
What the heck is a throne seat? When I made the reservation (on AA.com) it didn't give me the option to choose seats. Do I need to call AA or JetBlue to get an assigned seat or is there somewhere to do it online?
thanks
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by corky
I am in the same boat. I am flying Jet Blue for the first time in 10 years and also using AA miles for a Mint seat JFK-LAX (5;40pm) in June. At this point my flight is still on hold & waiting for me to purchase it.
Are you sure that your JetBlue flight is still on hold?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34178894-post1.html
corky likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
What the heck is a throne seat? When I made the reservation (on AA.com) it didn't give me the option to choose seats. Do I need to call AA or JetBlue to get an assigned seat or is there somewhere to do it online?
thanks
So on the A321 (not the neo) the Mint cabin is alternating rows of 2-2 and 1-1 (helpful seatmap here: https://www.aerolopa.com/b6-32b-mint). The single seats in rows 2 and 4 are the thrones/suites and have a door and a lot more space/storage than the pairs — for some reason B6 doesn't charge to assign those and so these are usually the first seats to go.

Have never booked B6 through AA before but based on other reports on the forum I'd look for the B6 PNR / get that from AA and put that into the B6 website which should let you pick your seat
corky likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guv1976
Are you sure that your JetBlue flight is still on hold?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34178894-post1.html
OMG...thank you for that. The email says hold until 4/24 but I see it was cancelled!! And less than 24 hours!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
OMG...thank you for that. The email says hold until 4/24 but I see it was cancelled!! And less than 24 hours!
If it's still available, I would rebook and purchase the award flight immediately. With AAdvantage, you can always cancel for a full refund any time prior to scheduled departure.
corky likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guv1976
If it's still available, I would rebook and purchase the award flight immediately. With AAdvantage, you can always cancel for a full refund any time prior to scheduled departure.
I did just rebook and have a call in to AA (they will call me back in an hour. ) to get assurance that it is refundable since it is on B6 and there seems to be different rules. I am shocked...I never would have thought that and when I rebooked it said (as it did the first time) that it can take up to 24 hours to get confirmation from a partner airline blah, blah.

According to the AA agent, regardless of what it says on aa.com, Jet Blue flights are held for 24 hours for travel that is less than 30 days out & for 2 days when travel is longer than 30 days.
I went ahead and paid for the ticket since I was assured that miles would be refunded if I cancel. I chose seat 2F. I don't know what a throne is but I hope that is it as I have never in my life sat on a throne (other then the bathroom kind) and I figure it is about time.

Last edited by corky; Apr 19, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should I be concerned that when I went on the seat map to choose my seat, it appeared that every single Mint seat was available? I had my choice of the whole cabin which sounds fishy to me for a flight that is about 6 weeks away.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Should I be concerned that when I went on the seat map to choose my seat, it appeared that every single Mint seat was available? I had my choice of the whole cabin which sounds fishy to me for a flight that is about 6 weeks away.
Nope — I'm looking at the 5pm JFK-LAX flights for a random week in June and the Mint cabins are fairly empty (which is also probably why an AA redemption is available).
corky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.