Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Does Mosaic Status Stay if I cancel Barclays card (did >$50k spend)

Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

So I did >$50k spend to get JetBlue Mosaic status. It's valid until end 2019 when I check on "print my card".

Now, if I cancel the Barclays card, the one which I spent >$50k to get status, will I still keep Mosaic until 2019, or will it go away once I cancel the Barclays card?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: Avios
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
So I did >$50k spend to get JetBlue Mosaic status. It's valid until end 2019 when I check on "print my card".

Now, if I cancel the Barclays card, the one which I spent >$50k to get status, will I still keep Mosaic until 2019, or will it go away once I cancel the Barclays card?
You will not lose your status as you have met the terms of the offer,but Barclaycard gives you a renewal bonus equal to the renewal fee so it normally does not make sense to cancel this card??
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tilto007
You will not lose your status as you have met the terms of the offer,but Barclaycard gives you a renewal bonus equal to the renewal fee so it normally does not make sense to cancel this card??
Have you actually done this? Cancelled and Mosaic stays? I'm asking if there are any confirmed data points on this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:58 am

Just call them and ask for a retention offer. I did this and they waived the fee.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Have you actually done this? Cancelled and Mosaic stays? I'm asking if there are any confirmed data points on this.
I qualified for Mosaic in 2017 on business credit card spend. I cancelled the card before the AF hit this year and have flown JetBlue since and still have Mosaic status. Should fall off Dec. 31st.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wetsand
I qualified for Mosaic in 2017 on business credit card spend. I cancelled the card before the AF hit this year and have flown JetBlue since and still have Mosaic status. Should fall off Dec. 31st.
Thanks for confirming. I'll let one more statement cut and close the card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.