Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mosaic Challenge news?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Oh man come on down to ATL on DL and see who boards in PREM/SKY (Thats FC, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold only) No joke especially on hub to hub flights the average is 50+% of the plane boarding (throw in zone 1 for silver and its like 75+%). I am certain there are times where people with no status is like 10 people on the flight and the opposite of B6
I fly ATL-DCA on DL a lot, where the typical upgrade list goes over 40.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I won't come close to qualifying for next year, so a year and a half of Mosaic was fun for a while.

The first flight after my match the FA pointedly thanked me for my loyalty, so I broke down and explained. The other night, I felt the Mint FA was a bit fawning about it, but I quietly lived with the guilt.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:25 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Any updates?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Any updates?
As of a week ago the answer was no from their twitter team
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is too late for it to happen this year based on the prior duration of such efforts.

Remember that the challenge was a means to attract more people into the program, not a long-term play. Between the corporate contracts, prior year challenges, a maturing business-traveler focused network and the CC-based options it is completely reasonable to believe that JetBlue found out it has the right number of members reaching the Mosaic tier these days and no longer needs the challenge.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Jetblue mosaic challenge

Originally Posted by sbm12
It is too late for it to happen this year based on the prior duration of such efforts.

Remember that the challenge was a means to attract more people into the program, not a long-term play. Between the corporate contracts, prior year challenges, a maturing business-traveler focused network and the CC-based options it is completely reasonable to believe that JetBlue found out it has the right number of members reaching the Mosaic tier these days and no longer needs the challenge.
In 2015 I believe they may have the challenge being done in November (at least that's the only reason I can think of doing JFK-LAS-SFO-JFK (SFO-JFK in Mint) for a 2 day trip. I will miss the ability to change flights without a fee (that has saved me $$$ on my February . I can however look at my B6 history and figure out how much I paid each year to see if the fare is reasonable . For my baseball trips , with the new LGA concourse being open sometime soon, I can then book on WN and cancel if the weather is ugly. I have had good flights on DL and could be open to flying them more. With my CC I still get free checked baggage on B6. I will miss the fun of doing the challenge but life goes on. I will just need to adopt
Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bmg42000
In 2015 I believe they may have the challenge being done in November...
Yes, but it started earlier than that. I do not believe there is a viable 90-day window remaining in the year that fills in the lower demand seats and otherwise meets the company's goals for such a promo.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Yes, but it started earlier than that. I do not believe there is a viable 90-day window remaining in the year that fills in the lower demand seats and otherwise meets the company's goals for such a promo.
At this point, I'd be willing to do 3750 base points in 60 days.. or even 30 days
bmg42000 likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:17 am

30 days to get 3750 base points.

Originally Posted by Vincent Zuo
At this point, I'd be willing to do 3750 base points in 60 days.. or even 30 days
I have done it in 2 days on a mint round trip to SFO . Next week I am thinking about flying to ORD for a playoff game (which may or may not happen). This would be a good reason to take advantage of my Mosaic status but on the ORD/JFK route, B6 seems to be late every time I fly this route so I will use the UA farelock instead. (and the last ORD-JFK flight I did , the tv's did not work ).
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:13 am

their OTP has gotten better it seems since the new pilot contract, so maybe you will find those ORD flight to be more on time.

also waiting eagerly to see if any kind of challenge happens.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by bmg42000
I have done it in 2 days on a mint round trip to SFO . Next week I am thinking about flying to ORD for a playoff game (which may or may not happen). This would be a good reason to take advantage of my Mosaic status but on the ORD/JFK route, B6 seems to be late every time I fly this route so I will use the UA farelock instead. (and the last ORD-JFK flight I did , the tv's did not work ).
I'm scrambling to qualify for next year. .Already booked a R/T mint to LAX to take out a sizeable portion of the remaining points needed to qualify. My friends think I'm crazy for trying to get over $3k of travel done in a few months just to qualify for Mosaic, but I take advantage of Mosaic benefits wayyyyy too much to not have it. I've easily saved over $3-4k in change/cancellation fees, EMS upgrades, booking cheapest flight and doing free 24 hr confirmed change in the past year.

Sometimes I book 2-3 cheapest flights on different days for each of my trips when I'm not sure exactly when I want to fly... then cancel last minute and use the 24 hour confirmed change to pick the actual flight I'm planning to take.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:56 am

With the impending loss of my Mosaic status, I decided to choose DL for my flight to FL in February . The fares and times were much better. In the past I would sacrifice a little flexibility (going to FLL instead of PBI) and money (slightly higher fares) for the Mosaic perks (free cancellation). Now I will spread out my loyalty some more and will save some money.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Perhaps not the correct thread for this question, but if I drop below Mosaic this year, do the benefits stop as of Jan 1? For most other airlines, the benefits usually continue through January to allow time for travel points to be deposited. Curious how B6 does it.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:55 pm

I was Mosaic in 2018, and without the challenge, I did not qualify for 2019.
Today is January 1, 2019. Here's what I see:

*I refreshed my JetBlue app. The Mosaic status badge vanished before my eyes on my profile. I am no longer Mosaic.
*All of my in-progress bonuses (e.g. Take 3, Lucky 7, etc) have completely reset to 0 out of xx progress. This didn't happen at the end of previous calendar years while I was Mosaic.
*I never received an email that said anything about extending until January 31, February 28, or the end of the year. I've read other posts where users have had a variety of extensions offered when they didn't qualify. That did not happen with me. I wasn't expecting it, but since others have mentioned it, that's my experience to share.
*While I was Mosaic (December 2018) I booked a flight for January 2019. The flight isn't until next week, but it still shows that I have 2 bags included in my fare...I didn't pay for two extra bags, so it looks like anything booked while Mosaic might just carry forward. I am guessing I won't get free beer on that ride, though.

I'm hoping they re-run the Mosaic Challenge in 2019, but if not, I'm probably just using up what travel bank funds I have left and just getting cheapest airfare from any airline going forward with seat selection included. That might be JetBlue after all...we'll see. Moasic was nice for the several years I was able to attain it. But I won't spend $5,000/year just to chase that unless I somehow start flying a lot more for business.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
Note: I am Mosaic for both 2018/2019, and my in-progress bonuses reset as well. I had finished them all in 2017, so I have nothing to compare to, but seems reasonable they would reset - I had never seen carryover mentioned as a Mosaic perk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.