Mosaic Challenge news?

Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Question Mosaic Challenge news?

In past few years Jetblue has issued their Mosaic Challenge by now. Any news? Hoping they are not cancelling the program!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Definitely not cancelling Mosaic. No guarantee there will be a challenge. I hope there is one, but I agree that typically we'd have heard something by now.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:58 am

I asked while managing some flight changes over the phone and was told that it's very likely there will be a challenge and it'll probably be some time in August/September. They didn't really have any hard details, though.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: TrueBlue Mosaic, HHonors, Marriott
It's already pretty easy to qualify for mosaic, I don't like these challenges. When half the gate is "first" to board, it doesnt really seem like a perk.

(old man yelling at clouds)
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by amonisis
It's already pretty easy to qualify for mosaic, I don't like these challenges. When half the gate is "first" to board, it doesnt really seem like a perk.

I think the mass influx of Mosaic members isn't from challenges, it's from corporate comps. I've talked to multiple Mosaics the past few years who were gifted status (along with everyone else at their company) as JetBlue tries to increase their share of the business market--particularly in NYC, BOS, DC & SFO.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DrMEB
I asked while managing some flight changes over the phone and was told that it's very likely there will be a challenge and it'll probably be some time in August/September. They didn't really have any hard details, though.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

While the support folks in SLC or MCO would eventually know I'm somewhat skeptical that they'd have the info too far in advance given that the planning is mostly done in NYC.
DrMEB likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Plat., UA, NZ

IME in BOS,JFK and LAS, this isn't the case. There's maybe 10-20 people in the Mint/Mosaic group. Not at all like United where between Group 1 and 2 you really do have most of the flight (at least as of a couple years ago). Not sure what iteration of their 15-group process they're on now.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
When I was Mosaic last year it seemed like I was generally one of a small handful on the B6 flights I took ex-JFK. Also got a really nice op-up on Mint around Christmas time. Very anxious as to when the challenge will start again as I have some transcon travel I would like to book on B6 as I've already requalified for Gold on UA and won't have enough PQDs to hit Platinum by EoY.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:57 pm

I was again on the phone with support regarding a flight change and I inquired about the challenge. I know this is just hearsay--and I'd really emphasize that--but she said she wouldn't be surprised if they didn't offer the challenge this year because it's been a good year. I recall they also offered a Mosaic match for Founders' card holders.

I have enough travel booked next week alone that would satisfy the challenge so I was hopeful, but if it happens it'll probably miss my biggest blocks of travel.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver

I've been Mosaic for several years now and I think the most I've ever been onboard with was 6 Mosaics. It's definitely nowhere near half the plane. Now Preboards with large families is a different story.
TastyPlaneEats likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
When my family travels with me on my itinerary, it might look like a lot of Mosaics because they also get the Mosaic and Pre-Check logos on their boarding passes. (The latter doesnt make much sense to me.)

Still anxiously awaiting the challenge. Wont be able to qualify for next year without it!
DrMEB likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:02 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Out of DCA there are usually 3-4 mosaics per flight during boarding time although one time a FA mentioned that there were 10 of us on the flight. Out of SDQ usually one or two board when Mosaic is called, similar experience at SJU.

Even during the match period last year, where my spouse was matched to Mosaic, it didn't seem to be a large population.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Oh man come on down to ATL on DL and see who boards in PREM/SKY (Thats FC, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold only) No joke especially on hub to hub flights the average is 50+% of the plane boarding (throw in zone 1 for silver and its like 75+%). I am certain there are times where people with no status is like 10 people on the flight and the opposite of B6
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by DrMEB
I was again on the phone with support regarding a flight change and I inquired about the challenge. I know this is just hearsay--and I'd really emphasize that--but she said she wouldn't be surprised if they didn't offer the challenge this year because it's been a good year. I recall they also offered a Mosaic match for Founders' card holders.
Off topic but that perspective may influence their decision on a request I made. I'm at 14,985 points and asked them to waive the last 15. They said no.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Mosaic

If there is no challenge I may simply adapt to reality and switch more flying to other airlines. I flew on WN the other day and the flight was fine. I enjoy the tv's , cheap even more space seats and free changes as a result of mosaic but I will learn to be more open to other airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.