Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

A220s and more A321s in...E190 being phased out

A220s and more A321s in...E190 being phased out

Old Aug 29, 18, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain View Post
Could we see something like the BA1/3 LON->SNN->JFK run?

The A223 has SNN in range of Boston I think, probably JFK as well. In a low density Mint config, I could see that being a very viable product. (Let me burn my miles on this please)
The nominal range of the A220-300 is 5920km according to Airbus which opens up a lot of options. I made a map with 5920km and 5328km (90% of nominal range) bands.

The A223 can "safely" hit DUB, EDI, LHR in the UK and LIS in Portugal (assuming they'd want to add BOS-LIS on top of TAP Portugal). If you ignore the 10% margin or assume they will come up with some long range version of the A223, they could hit Bergen and Oslo from BOS (competing with Norwegian now), or even Lima and Quito (going south) or Anchorage (going west).

Old Aug 29, 18, 12:39 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by moulder3 View Post
I'm legitimately shocked that so many people on this forum prefer a 2x3 config vs 2x2. Who the heck wants middle seats? ...
Many routes are from or to small airports, so I could imagine these plans aren't always packed full.

My point being... If the plane isn't full, you might be able to move a seat over to get away from your overweight stranger who "covers" part of your assigned seat/personal space.
Old Aug 29, 18, 12:46 pm

The issue is A223 can't take off from LCY. But A220-100 can and they have the option to convert. In fact, it has already done test runs from LCY to JFK in all J config.
https://aeronauticsonline.com/bombar...y-jfk-nonstop/
https://leehamnews.com/2017/08/09/cs...-city-airport/
If they can put in a 44 seat (1 by 1) config on the BOS/JFK-LCY market, it would be a game changer. Would love to see that happen.
Old Aug 29, 18, 1:10 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
That would be a HUGE win for B6. I don't think they'd be able to get a gate for it though. I'd expect BA to go this route though, given that it eliminates the annoyance of the Shannon stop.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 18, 3:40 pm

That would be amazing! The 100 could even do the whole thing on a heavier config with good winds - right at the edge of the range.

Old Aug 30, 18, 2:27 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
I can't wait to fly these routes in the winter. I'd LOVE a detour to see Gander, Goose Bay, or Bangor
Old Aug 30, 18, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by redct View Post
That would be amazing! The 100 could even do the whole thing on a heavier config with good winds - right at the edge of the range.
In an all-premium config it is not nearly as close to the edge of the range; there's a comfortable cushion.
Originally Posted by mikesyr18 View Post
Many routes are from or to small airports, so I could imagine these plans aren't always packed full.
US load factors were over 85% in July. That was a record but expecting a middle seat is a losing battle. JetBlue isn't going to target markets that it expects will only deliver 60-70% full flights. No airline reasonably will these days.
Old Jan 3, 19, 12:30 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
JetBlue firms A220 order

JetBlue chief executive Robin Hayes states: "The impressive range and economics of the highly efficient A220... will help ensure we deliver the best onboard experience to customers and meet our long-term financial targets as we continue disciplined growth into the future."
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-order-454768/
Old Jan 14, 19, 10:40 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
https://thepointsguy.com/news/airbus-a220-etops-180/

Looks like the A220 is now certified to fly to Europe. This is huge.
Old Jan 14, 19, 4:11 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by hi55us View Post
https://thepointsguy.com/news/airbus-a220-etops-180/

Looks like the A220 is now certified to fly to Europe. This is huge.
At the moment only a Canadian operator would be able to fly to Europe from North America since the only ETOPS approval at this point is from TCCA. B6 requires FAA certification (pending) in order to fly the A220 to Europe. Seeing as there are no Canadian A220 operators at the moment, this certification is nothing more than just a technical update of the TCCA TCDS, but still progression in the right direction for the airframe.
YUL likes this.