Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS curbside pickup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:05 am
Original Poster

BOS curbside pickup

I'm not finding a general Boston airport discussion on JetBlue; mods move if needed.

We'll be meeting an arriving passenger. At Terminal C, can personal cars go right in front of the terminal, or should we advise him to wait at a median?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
They will need to go to the median. In my experience, it's often easier to pick up people at departures level.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
They will need to go to the median. In my experience, it's often easier to pick up people at departures level.
+1 on this -- and depending on the time of day, you may not be able to stop for long on either level. Terminal C gets backed up and when it does, people get waved away pretty quickly.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, this would be a red-eye arrival around 6 a.m., so I'd guess the arrivals level would be less busy. Is there more than one median?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:56 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
There are multiple medians. We usually go beyond the medians to the area between C and E where you can get to the "real" curb" on the lower level.

Google Maps doesn't have Street View of departure level, but if you see the little bus icon near the curb to the right of "Arrival Level" on the road in this map: https://goo.gl/maps/TwcmpPzhuKs that's pretty much my spot. It's the upper bus icon of the 3 visible
ptownca likes this.

Last edited by Out of my Element; Jun 23, 2018 at 6:02 am
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Arrivals curbs:
Curb 1 (closest to terminal/doors): Logan Express, Taxis
Curb 2: Silver Line, Terminal/MBTA/Rental Car Shuttles
Curb 3: Passenger Pick-Up

Departures will be a zoo at 6AM.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Terminal C is such a mess that lately, I've been walking to Terminal B or Terminal E and having my ride pick me up there.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: DL, B6, UA, AGR
Here's the interactive map for logan that does a good job laying out the curbs on each level.

https://maps.massport.com/#terminal/C/zone/arrivals
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Terminal C is such a mess that lately, I've been walking to Terminal B or Terminal E and having my ride pick me up there.
B is a bit of a hike from C; but I completely agree: C Arrivals in a complete disaster at almost any time of the day and Departures (even for pick up) can be much worse. I've been walking over towards E lately when on B6 and it's certainly much less congested.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If you are not familiar with the BOS layout and apparently the passenger you are meeting is not, simply do the pick up at C and then both the passenger and you can follow the signs which direct you, in the first instance to B6 arrivals and then to the proper median. The passenger will see signs directing to the proper median (the furthest). Best to have them call you when they are actually standing at the median because you will be "moved along" in very short order.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
I fly in and out of there at least once a year and get picked up my family. They are never able to stay in median C for very long and usually drive around quite a bit.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, is there any problem with waiting in the cell phone lot?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by rove312
Thanks, is there any problem with waiting in the cell phone lot?
Of course, this works, but it is pretty far away and you will, as the passenger will need to wait outside. In good weather, fine. In lousy weather, it can be miserable.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ptownca
Of course, this works, but it is pretty far away
Less than 5 minutes to the curb every time I've done it. Just have the pax call you as they're walking off the plane rather than leaving the terminal if you really want to reduce the wait, but it is a convenient option I've started using recently.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: SPG
Arrive a couple minutes early and drive slowly into terminal B arrivals, and wait at the end of the terminal, halfway down, before it loops back around. Then once you get the text, head over to Terminal C curb.
Yahtzee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.